Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Glossary Chat

November 1st, 2014, 8:31 pm

Laminate Floor Goblin: A relative of the Carpet Monster. Thrives in carpetless areas, possibly occupying interdimensional wormholes through which errant model parts disappear forever.

November 1st, 2014, 8:35 pm

Slust: Large quantities of fine powder that accumulates in a modellers slippers during prolonged sanding sessions. Particularly associated with Italeri kits.

November 1st, 2014, 8:39 pm

Rigger's Twitch: A common nervous disorder among biplane modellers.

November 2nd, 2014, 1:42 pm

Up The Jumper: Popular method for smuggling kits past the household authorities. Not usually successful with 1/24th scale kits.

November 3rd, 2014, 10:22 pm

Jack-in-the-Box : Closely related to the above technique, but sneakier; it requires the complicity of a supplier to conceal smaller kit boxes inside one larger kit box, hence reducing the visual impact of an arriving parcel

February 14th, 2015, 1:18 am

Your link to the ATF is broken :cry: Here's a new one...
http://www.airfixtributeforum.co.uk/
Also the ABC isn't in the Glossary. I know A is acquired and B is built, but what is C? Perhaps someone could add it :ha:

February 14th, 2015, 3:35 am

Fixed & Added - Thanks, Ratch !

September 6th, 2015, 2:32 pm

I have so enjoyed reading this thread!
I am fluent in "Dolls house and miniatures talk" (DHAMT)I have special words that help in all sorts of Model making situations. These special words don't always work in really bad fitting situations but, I feel a lot better having let rip!

September 6th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Ratch wrote:Your link to the ATF is broken :cry: Here's a new one...
http://www.airfixtributeforum.co.uk/
Also the ABC isn't in the Glossary. I know A is acquired and B is built, but what is C? Perhaps someone could add it :ha:

i have always took c to be 'binned/sold/given away/disposed of'

September 6th, 2015, 5:36 pm

'C'hucked ....

September 6th, 2015, 10:30 pm

or Charity mate...
Post a reply