I seem to have acquired a nickname!

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Zee28
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: I seem to have acquired a nickname!

Post by Zee28 »

flakmonkey wrote:Love the choice of vehicles in that street scene. Never had a Herald, although I did have two (yes, really, count them) Spitfires. A Mk. III and a Mk. IV. They were rubbish when I think about it now. Actually they were rubbish at the time and they didn't even have enough power to pull you out of bed (between them) but when you're 19 something like that feels like a Ferrari Daytona. I had a Beetle too. Boy did I ever spend a fortune on that thing. Big engine kit, EMPI wheels, sway-away lowering set welded into the front torsion bar, reupholstering in Porsche 944 check fabric, roof rack with bits of foam on it… ah those were the days. Then I traded it in for a Mk.1 Scirocco. Which was my first really, truly, good car. Its most important mission during our time together was the high speed dash to the hospital so that the imminent birth of child number one could be professionally dealt with. We should have gone maybe 45 minutes earlier but Oliver Stone's JFK was on TV. It was stolen from outside the very same hospital the next week. The car, not the TV. It all went downhill from there, really.

Ramble, ramble… ok I will stop typing now.
I love stuff like this Flak mate, I might start an 'Stories of my old cars' type thread one day, I bet we all have hilarious stories to tell from our youth, I know I have!

As for nicknames, well I have had some very questionable ones along the way, but the most memorable was after I got hit in the face with a chair in a pub brawl many years ago. It fractured my nose but didn't fully break it. It swelled up like a balloon on the front of my face but the A&E Doctor told me the swelling would go down in time and then it'll go back to normal. HE LIED! It went down a bit, but to this day I have what can best be a described as a 'Fat, round Nose' certainly over-scale for my face.

From that point onwards my nickname amongst so-called friends was 'Nimrod' after the very attractive (NOT!) AEW version, like this:

Zee28

Return to “Small Talk”