Oh, No! - My Stash is Getting Unfeasibly Large!

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Oh, No! - My Stash is Getting Unfeasibly Large!

Post by iggie »

Dazzled wrote:
iggie wrote:This was another recommendation from Airfix Model World......it looks rather nice inside and has now become a serious contender for my entry into the 'between the wars' GB

Although it didn't fly until 1944. :???:
Yep; already pointed out to me so it's now a serious contender for the cargo hauler GB :-D
In my defence I went on appearances rather than research! :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

It does have a "pre-warish" look about it ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

Went to Wings and Wheels on Sunday with my daughter and her boy friend, I nearly didn't get back in the house when the other half caught me! :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:

IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
iggie

Post by iggie »

Crikey Ron, that's a serious haul! :-D

Is the DC3 gunship 1/48 as well? That's going to need some serious display space if it is! :shock:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

iggie wrote:Crikey Ron, that's a serious haul! :-D

Is the DC3 gunship 1/48 as well? That's going to need some serious display space if it is! :shock:
Yep ! Got the gun ship for £15.00 and it is seriously big. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it (although the misses has made a suggestion or two :roll: :oops: ). But Dunsfold Wings and wheels is well worth going to. ;-)
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

Just nabbed myself a 1/12 Tamiya Motor racing team driver for £3 from a Marie Curie shop in Victoria Road Glasgow.
Also in the shop were-
Smer 1/48 Ansaldo SVA 5
" " Bristol Bulldog
" " Fokker E1
" " Albatros III - All £3

Special Hobby 1/48 Sopwith Tabloid -£5

and for Sci-fi buffs,
1970 boxing MPC 1/100 Pilgrim Observer spacecraft - £5

Polar Lights Richard* Tracy Space Coupe - £3

*censored version, but you know who I mean, the detective, played by Warren Beatty in the movie :grin:

If anyone wants me to snap any of these up for them, PM me.
(well, maybe not the Smer ones, but the others look like poultry dentures!)

btw the decals for the Racing driver are up for grabs if anyone wants them (photo of decals and Space kits later from home PC)
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Not the actual kits that were in the window but images of the kit boxes taken from t'Internet, 'cause Windows 10 is Richarding about and not letting me download photos from my phone :evil:

iggie

Post by iggie »

Purplethistle wrote:Not the actual kits that were in the window but images of the kit boxes taken from t'Internet, 'cause Windows 10 is Richarding about and not letting me download photos from my phone :evil:

Hi PT,
I've tried to pm you but not certain if it's sent properly; can I nab the Pilgrim kit please if no one else has got in first? If you can pm me with postage etc I'll pay asap!
Cheers
iggie :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:Not the actual kits that were in the window but images of the kit boxes taken from t'Internet, 'cause Windows 10 is Richarding about and not letting me download photos from my phone :evil:

Hi PT,
I've tried to pm you but not certain if it's sent properly; can I nab the Pilgrim kit please if no one else has got in first? If you can pm me with postage etc I'll pay asap!
Cheers
iggie :grin:

PM received and PT is on the case. Should be able to let you know if I've got it by this afternoon.
iggie

Post by iggie »

I'm really struggling at the moment to get any bench time, which is due to a lot of design drawing work coming in.....which in turn requires a lot of PC time and the inevitable distraction of eBay; coupled with a newly arrived Airfix Model World magazine this results in further new arrivals to join the seemingly ever increasing stash :shock:
The latest, and possibly best of the recent arrivals:
Dragon 1/72 de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2

For those of us who have struggled with earlier kits of this iconic aircraft, salvation is at hand; it is lovely!!! I appreciate this tooling has been around since 2011, but it had passed me by somehow!
I'll do an in-box in a moment in the review section :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Sorry Chaps! the Pilgrim and the D1ck Tracy Space Coupe have been snapped up by someone since yesterday. I did pick up the Sopwith Tabloid and very tasty it is too! 1/48, with PE and resin parts ...and for £3, not £5 as I first thought.
I hadn't got it for myself, but having looked at it, it really is a sweet kit!
fearless frankie
Active Participant

Post by fearless frankie »

Well as I make no secret of collecting Esoteric vacforms, I alway believed that there was one mythical creature that was not produced? That being there NAF 37, sandwiched between there Westland Walrus & Douglas Destroyer was suppose to be there Glenn Martin MS-1/XS-1. I had only ever seen an advert in SAM announcing that they would be doing it? Never any mention in their Kit lists never seen an iota of it. So when one turned up on eBay in the colonies it had to be mine , trust me there was a hefty bid put on and a very restless nights sleep to follow but ladies and gents I give you the final piece, total including shipping and taxes less than £50
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

fearless frankie wrote:Well as I make no secret of collecting Esoteric vacforms, I alway believed that there was one mythical creature that was not produced? That being there NAF 37, sandwiched between there Westland Walrus & Douglas Destroyer was suppose to be there Glenn Martin MS-1/XS-1. I had only ever seen an advert in SAM announcing that they would be doing it? Never any mention in their Kit lists never seen an iota of it. So when one turned up on eBay in the colonies it had to be mine , trust me there was a hefty bid put on and a very restless nights sleep to follow but ladies and gents I give you the final piece, total including shipping and taxes less than £50
Good - happy that it went to you.
I saw that, thought about it, then decided not to bid -- so don't blame me for running it up :grin:
You are right about that being rare as hen's teeth ...
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Picked up an Xtraparts TF-102 conversion set from Hannants. Consists of a plastic front end, metal seats and vac-form canopy and cockpit parts. All for the princely sum of £7-99. Apparently they found these having thought them sold out ages ago(?), but as it was what I'd been looking for to convert my Hasegawa F-102 I didn't complain!.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

jRatz wrote:
fearless frankie wrote:Well as I make no secret of collecting Esoteric vacforms, I alway believed that there was one mythical creature that was not produced? That being there NAF 37, sandwiched between there Westland Walrus & Douglas Destroyer was suppose to be there Glenn Martin MS-1/XS-1. I had only ever seen an advert in SAM announcing that they would be doing it? Never any mention in their Kit lists never seen an iota of it. So when one turned up on eBay in the colonies it had to be mine , trust me there was a hefty bid put on and a very restless nights sleep to follow but ladies and gents I give you the final piece, total including shipping and taxes less than £50
Good - happy that it went to you.
I saw that, thought about it, then decided not to bid -- so don't blame me for running it up :grin:
You are right about that being rare as hen's teeth ...
Good score!! I'm glad I didn't see it as I would have given you a run for your menu..!!
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me

Return to “Small Talk”