display your work

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
longstreet2763
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: display your work

Post by longstreet2763 »

These are my fist attempts after 40 years away. The display cabinet I picked up from Fantastic furniture and it will allow me another 9 1/20 F1 cars. Then who knows maybe a simiar cabinet with 1/72 WWII aircraft. :)
Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Cool F1 cars.

Nigel
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

jssel wrote:Like Barry I have a couple show cases from stores that went out if business. But 48 scale stuff eats up space quickly.
Which is always surprising, considering the kits are only 1/3 bigger than 72nd.

I like 1/48 scale, but each time I build one and put it on the shelf I go "yikes! Where has all my space gone?"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Softscience wrote:
jssel wrote:Like Barry I have a couple show cases from stores that went out if business. But 48 scale stuff eats up space quickly.
Which is always surprising, considering the kits are only 1/3 bigger than 72nd.

I like 1/48 scale, but each time I build one and put it on the shelf I go "yikes! Where has all my space gone?"

Perhaps the square law applies here to account for the increase of total area taken up by 48th over 72nd ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
broadside
Active Participant

Post by broadside »

Ratch wrote:I really have too many :oops: Many are packed away in boxes, but lots are collecting dust (or rather developing topsoil :oops: ).
:lol: :lol:
longstreet2763
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by longstreet2763 »

Come on people lets see some photos of how you display your models. I'm sure we all like to sticky beak and gain some inspiration.
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Mine are mostly in the attic room but I do have some in a cabinet in the lounge. I'll pop some pictures up soon.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Hmmmm, I had to look a long way back to find an existing topic ....

The cabinet on the top left was my only display, until I found one on the right and the one below.
All came out of "Antique stores" AKA 2nd hand stuff AKA "The only one interested in what your grandma had was your grandpa" ....

The "pair" sit in the middle floor entryway to our home and the other in the dining room on the upper floor (reverse floorplan house typical where I live). None of them match each other in wood, style, or color although I made some effort with stains, etc, to bring them a bit closer. None match the woodwork in the house, either but they don't fit too bad. SWMBO has allowed them.

I haven't had much time to distribute models about, but at least I have some space now.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Small Talk”