How big is The Stash?

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?

How Big Is Your Stash?

Less than 100
26%
100-500
43%
500-1000
13%
More than 1000
17%
More than 5000
No votes

Total votes: 53

MerlinJones

How big is The Stash?

Post by MerlinJones »

My stash is big enough...big enough for me to currently not know exactly what's in it. :oops:

I did know, or, at least, I thought I knew.
Then I found something I'd forgotten I had...

Besides frottering the plastic, I often pull something out of my stash in order to answer a query about a particular kit. As a consequence, my once oderly stacks have become muddled.
Throw into that mix a couple of house-building works, with consequent packings and re-packings...

My afternoon has been spent trying to re-organise. When organised, there's plenty of room up there, not so when I'm shifting boxes from one corner to the next. It's also warm and I have a series of burns on me bonce, from the light bulb.
(I could've waited until tonight, but it's a case of now I've started, I have to finish).

I was going to make a bold, public statement, but before I do, I want to check some things out first...like am I going to be the only one capable of saying what I was going to say...then I thought a bit of fun could be had...

But first, a simple Poll question.

(Currently, I'm on 750-ish)

Regards,
Bruce
timet10
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: How big is The Stash?

Post by timet10 »

Last count 327 kits not including part builds I have got a list on a spread sheet but I am now in the process of packing and moving them into storage as we are hoping to move house soon.

Compared to figures I have seen around various magazines and forums, my count does not seem overly excessive (Mrs Timet10 would almost certainly disagree) however, having dragged them out of the loft, packed them into boxes and transferred them to our storage space (most of a full day plus using both cars) I can only imagine the degree of effort this would take if my stash were in 1000's as I have witnessed elsewhere. When I eventually retrieve them from the unit I may have to hire a van !!

The next stage is packing the finished models and moving them---- This I am not looking forward to :frown:

Colin
Currently on the bench Airfix 1/48 Blenheim
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I'm in the 100 to 500 category but closer to the lower end and that makes me uncomfortable. not enough the stop buying kits but sad to know most will never get done. :shock:
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
migdriver
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by migdriver »

:-D After seeing the counts of other members i wont feel so guilty when ibuy more now mines only 30 with 2 0nthe go
THE COSMIC JESTER IS WATCHING !!!
Desert_fox

Post by Desert_fox »

I have 10. But then I'm a poor student - I honestly think if I had the money, I would have at least one of every model ever made!
Will write history dissertations for modelling supplies...
Barry
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Barry »

I haven't actually counted lately, but I think somewhere in the 370's
2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Let's just say I have enough. But, there is always just one more. I just swapped about 20 kits for a couple of second hand showcases. That brings me under "a K"
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Currently im on 8, with another 2 arriving this week, and with my modelling mojo pretty much gone at the moment but the will to buy still there i can see this going up again soon if my mojo doesnt sort itself out :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Final stretch of the re-org and there's a satisfying pile of empty boxes as evidence of my buildingness. (I use sturdy cardboard boxes to store the kit boxes in).

I don't like that idea of sticking a load of kits in the one box...I like to see the kits as I bought them, with proper accompanying boxart.

Hey ho...back to it...

Regards,
Bruce
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

So I'm just about to climb down, for a beer or two, when Anne hands me my camera..."For insurance purposes".

I didn't have the heart to tell her about the stash of sci-fi kits, all hidden behind...plus the Airfix ship kits, likewise. :oops:

Regards,
Bruce
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

hehe looks like you packed them into a space capsule! Are you going to put them in orbit for safe keeping :-D

I'm around the 140 mark.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

I've just checked my spreadsheet and I have 476 in my stash. This doesn't include the 100+ unfinished builds I need to do something about. :oops:
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:9 B:4 C:15
carlos

Post by carlos »

So small I could list 'em.
1/72 - Airfix: Helldiver, Spit Vb - Revell: SE5a, Albatros - Dambuster Lanc.
1/76 - Airfix AEC Matador tanker (half of refuelling set)
1/48 - Airfix: Hurricane I
1/32 - Revell: BAe Hawk, Hurricane I, Ju-88A-1
That's a grand total of 10 - or 9½ if I'm pedantic about it...

But in my defence - I only came back to this 8 or 9 months ago
Currently on bench: ICM 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

I'm 100-500 - thought I'd got it below 300 but having just done an audit as part of loading them all into KitBase, I see I'm just above 200 and that doesn't yet include the paper models I've purchased in the last couple of tears so the final figure will be around 450 I'd say...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

It's huge . . . :-D But in defence, I have been building and collecting the things for almost as long as plastic kits have been made.

I'm currently reviewing the loft insulation. :roll:
So many models, so little time.

Return to “Small Talk”