Oh, No! - My Stash is Getting Unfeasibly Large!

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
gnomemeansgnome
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Oh, No! - My Stash is Getting Unfeasibly Large!

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

Those both look like really sweet kits Iggie! Nice! Be on the hunt for 350th scale FW-190s if the Zep is to be a whiffer.
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
iggie

Post by iggie »

gnomemeansgnome wrote:Those both look like really sweet kits Iggie! Nice! Be on the hunt for 350th scale FW-190s if the Zep is to be a whiffer.
The kit does come with 20 aircraft, although 190s are not amongst them; the air wing comprises 5 each of Fiesler Fi-167, Bf-109T, Arado Ar-195 and Ju-87 Stkas :grin:
The planning for Graf Zeppelin originally called for mostly '109s, with a dozen Stuka, this was reversed when the build was recommenced mid-war to a dozen 109s and 20+ Stuka. Of course, none of this came to fruition so I think putting any aircraft aboard will create a WHIF :lol:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
iggie

Post by iggie »

Softscience wrote:
iggie wrote:
And the new release of the new-tool Airfix Stuka; gotta love that snake!

Does the kit give you the option to do the snake in red? I'm not convinced that it was just white outlines.
Looking at the decals, the snake is white with tan markings, no sign of red anywhere
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

iggie wrote:
Looking at the decals, the snake is white with tan markings, no sign of red anywhere

That is too bad. Looking at historic photos, the spots on the snake are clearly darker than the tan colors on the rest of the aircraft. Perhaps they weren't red, but certainly darker than tan. I wonder how difficult it would be to hand paint the red bits :shock:
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I picked up these three from my local charity shop whilst PAT Testing their electrical items for sale, they wanted £6 for the three but it’s a good charity and as a volunteer I felt £10 was more realistic and you know what they say “You can never have to many Jags” :-D so I’m happy and so are they.

My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Post by Migrant »

Softscience wrote:
iggie wrote:

That is too bad. Looking at historic photos, the spots on the snake are clearly darker than the tan colors on the rest of the aircraft. Perhaps they weren't red, but certainly darker than tan. I wonder how difficult it would be to hand paint the red bits :shock:
Interesting articles about the two 'snake' Stukas:-

T6+DP
T6+AN
iggie

Post by iggie »

Migrant wrote:
Softscience wrote:
iggie wrote:

Interesting articles about the two 'snake' Stukas:-

T6+DP
T6+AN
Very useful info; thanks Mike
Best wishes

Jim
Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

Back from the Newark show with more stash fodder.

Blackbird Models 1/72 P2V-5/Neptune MR.1 conversion set for the Hasegawa Neptune.
Freightdog 1/72 'Gods of Sea and Fire' (Neptune and Vulcan) decals.
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

The big kid inside of me couldn´t resist, when I saw a US Airfix Dauntless with some funny (or rather: stoopid) gimmicks in the box, on that (in)famous auction site:

....opening the box was a different matter..... :ha:

Those extra chrome parts can belong to all kinds of planes, except a Dauntless :-D
(prop and MGs could be used for an SBD, though ( I think))
this leaves room for some crazy whatiffery....

the clear disc is s´posed to be a rotating prop, of course....but the best part is yet to come: :-o :

...some funny looking decals to use there! look at those black dots: bullet holes :-o
and that prop blur to be seen at the right bottom! :omg
Let´s see: I might use those gaudy decals for some crazy racing plane?
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

A visit to an LMS in Bristol today, turned up this 1/72 scale KFIR, it’s not a subject I would normally give a second look, but at only £10 :shock: I thought a quick look in the box was called for ( one reason I like using the LMS ) to my utter surprise the box was full to the brim with crisp fine details parts, including enough weapons to load for bear :-D and an excellent colour guide with totally different markings for five a/c from four different nationalities.

iggie

Post by iggie »

splash wrote:A visit to an LMS in Bristol today, turned up this 1/72 scale KFIR, it’s not a subject I would normally give a second look, but at only £10 :shock: I thought a quick look in the box was called for ( one reason I like using the LMS ) to my utter surprise the box was full to the brim with crisp fine details parts, including enough weapons to load for bear :-D and an excellent colour guide with totally different markings for five a/c from four different nationalities.

Do they do mail order Alan?
Best wishes

Jim
planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi was at the southwell model show yesterday and picked up this lot,i was a bit more focused or lets say less impulsive on what i was buying as the prices with the traders do seem to have noticeably increased

craig
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

iggie wrote:
splash wrote:A visit to an LMS in Bristol today, turned up this 1/72 scale KFIR, it’s not a subject I would normally give a second look, but at only £10 :shock: I thought a quick look in the box was called for ( one reason I like using the LMS ) to my utter surprise the box was full to the brim with crisp fine details parts, including enough weapons to load for bear :-D and an excellent colour guide with totally different markings for five a/c from four different nationalities.

Do they do mail order Alan?

Try http://www.anticsonline.co.uk they have a shop in Plymouth as well, I just checked my receipt the kit cost £10.99 but I think it was the only one on the shelf :sad:

Do you want an in box review?

Regards Splash
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I would like to see an in box reviw please Alan.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

OK Greg I will do an “in box review” when I get time later in the week. First impressions are Wow how do they do it for that price, they even include two different Bang Seats for the different options.

Return to “Small Talk”