The elephant in the room.

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

The elephant in the room.

Post by IronMan129 »

Ok folks I have to ask, what Vallejo Model Air grey's do I need for a Harrier T.10?
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: The elephant in the room.

Post by PaulBradley »

Judging by your thread title, you already subconsciously know it's Elephant Grey......
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

PaulBradley wrote:Judging by your thread title, you already subconsciously know it's Elephant Grey......
Yes but African or Indian Elephant Grey, That is now the question? :-D

The type of paint you favour might have more of a bearing on your quest.

I for one like to sprey Tamiya Acyclic and tend to use whatever colour in their range looks about right and find for most modern Jets the Tamiya Grey Primmer is a good neutral grey.

But bare in mind I'm not one for accuracy, so I only believe in, if it looks right, then that's fine by me. So I'm just popping out befor the locals gather their pitchforks and try to burn me as a heretic :lol:

You have not stated what markings or Squadron RN/RAF you plan to build, this will also affect what colours you need because if I recall correctly didn't some T10 Harriers get built in a horrid green?
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Maverick231 wrote:Ok folks I have to ask, what Vallejo Model Air grey's do I need for a Harrier T.10?
I frankly do not know, it's out of my era of interest.

I assume your kit has color recommendations. The Vallejo website has cross-references to other manufacturer colors.
I do not recall if Vallejo has "modern sets", I do know they have a "matching" for WW2 era colors, although I take them with a grain of salt.

I use Vallejo and typically keep several close/complimentary colors and mix to taste. There are so many colors and it is so easy.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
spitfire1677
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by spitfire1677 »

Hi mate,
I found this LINK on the Harrier SIG page, you will have to convert the colours from Vallejo Model Color to Air, but that's easy enough.

Hope it helps you out :grin:
Regards

Chris
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

splash wrote:
PaulBradley wrote:Judging by your thread title, you already subconsciously know it's Elephant Grey......
Yes but African or Indian Elephant Grey, That is now the question? :-D

The type of paint you favour might have more of a bearing on your quest.

I for one like to sprey Tamiya Acyclic and tend to use whatever colour in their range looks about right and find for most modern Jets the Tamiya Grey Primmer is a good neutral grey.

But bare in mind I'm not one for accuracy, so I only believe in, if it looks right, then that's fine by me. So I'm just popping out befor the locals gather their pitchforks and try to burn me as a heretic :lol:

You have not stated what markings or Squadron RN/RAF you plan to build, this will also affect what colours you need because if I recall correctly didn't some T10 Harriers get built in a horrid green?
Early GR.7's and T.10's were indeed painted in a wierd 2 tone green reminiscent of 1960s Ford Cortinas ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Cheers everyone, the Green was the same on the GR.5.
Thanks spitfire Il do a conversion letter!
spitfire1677
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by spitfire1677 »

No worries mate, glad to of helped :grin:
Regards

Chris

Return to “Small Talk”