Unique things in the stash.

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Gregers
Forum founder

Unique things in the stash.

Post by Gregers »

From the recent discussion about rare things in the stash how many of you have unique items in the stash? I as you know work in the model industry and sometimes am asked to work on projects for new products. I have got to keep a few of them afterwards. In the loft thee is a prototype Diecast Jet Provost T3/T4 in 1/72. And the prototype diecast Jet Provost T5/Strikemaster that was pictured in the Diecast magazines. One I want to share here though is the prototype for the Spitfire Floatplane model the company I work for produced. I was handed the base kit. An Italeri Spitfire MKV. The PM floatplane bits consisting of the propeller and floats and the resin conversion bits. The brief was build it painting it in three colours to show what parts are from where. Simples as it says on the Meerkat advert. Here's the result. As you can see it is something a bit unique. What other unique bits are out there I wonder?.

All the best.

Greg
Attachments
20170608_185658.jpg
20170608_185658.jpg (112.59 KiB) Viewed 505 times
20170608_185714.jpg
20170608_185714.jpg (114.58 KiB) Viewed 505 times
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
gnomemeansgnome
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Unique things in the stash.

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

Nice. I have begged off of building my PM Spit as I understand it has a number of almost insurmountable issues. :(
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

It couldn't be much worse than the Italeri Spitfire V. :shock:

I still shudder when I remember it.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

I said before that I was going to build an Airfix Whirlwind Fighter but I've been thinking I have both PM Sea Fury's one of which is boxed as a Pioneer Kit, would these count as unique?
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I wouldn't say unique. Fairly rare maybe. The one above is a one off. Also I have the Tiger Hobbies/Tanmodel 1/48th F5a that was on display in gray primer at Telford on the kits release. Not unique as a model but considering it's use that sets it apart. To be honest it isn't that well made as I had the brief of ''Just put it together and put it in primer, No filling or sanding'' and that (due to it being the day before the show) was completed in an hour and a half.

As for the PM Spit. it's not a brilliant kit but it looks (a bit) like a spitfire when built. Unlike the starfix 48th scale one.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

Return to “Small Talk”