Start of my 2017-2018 modelling season and - no mojo

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Start of my 2017-2018 modelling season and - no mojo

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Just keep participating, something will happen when it is time.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

Maybe you just need to get back to basics, back to square one and perhaps another fulfilling direction will become clear. My current revival of mojo was sparked by revisiting one of the earliest kits that I can remember making, the Airfix Triumph Herald. This brought back such happy memories that it led to me making a street scene diorama of the shop where I first got my kits, the first of many personal connection builds that bring a warm glow still.
In a nutshell, Get back, get personal. :-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

I've been much the same the last couple of years - too much real life getting in the way - my 'solution' at the moment is to every night just do a little on one project, even if it is just sanding a small seam, adjusting a minor fit issue, or attaching two parts...not a perfect solution but I found that when I packed everything away, I was only more frustrated when I unpacked it and saw that I had achieved nothing (modelling wise) in that time...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Now I'm fresh back from the Telford SMW show I feel more inspired to do something. I picked up the Airfix 1/72nd new tool Spitfire F Mk. 22 which, by most accounts, is a very nice kit. A single-seater in a single colour scheme (I intend to build the silver painted version) so even I should be able to finish that before the end of the year. Maybe :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
iggie

Post by iggie »

ShaunW wrote:Now I'm fresh back from the Telford SMW show I feel more inspired to do something. I picked up the Airfix 1/72nd new tool Spitfire F Mk. 22 which, by most accounts, is a very nice kit. A single-seater in a single colour scheme (I intend to build the silver painted version) so even I should be able to finish that before the end of the year. Maybe :ha:
It is indeed a nice little kit, and looks a treat in the all over silver scheme. I hope that it works for you as a mojo restorer Shaun 8-)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

iggie wrote:
ShaunW wrote:Now I'm fresh back from the Telford SMW show I feel more inspired to do something. I picked up the Airfix 1/72nd new tool Spitfire F Mk. 22 which, by most accounts, is a very nice kit. A single-seater in a single colour scheme (I intend to build the silver painted version) so even I should be able to finish that before the end of the year. Maybe :ha:
It is indeed a nice little kit, and looks a treat in the all over silver scheme. I hope that it works for you as a mojo restorer Shaun 8-)
Cheers, Iggie and here's hoping! I've been tidying the bench today (that alone is noteworthy but "tidy" in relation to my bench is a very relative term :ha: ) and all being well I will make a start tomoz.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

After Telford I am fired up to begin modelling again once we come back from Lanzarote in 10 days!
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

I actually did some small sanding on the Lightning F2 that I left unfinished back in May. Ironically, I now have to go to Europe for business all next week just when the mojo seems to be seeping back.

David
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

If you have some free time, just search out some local hobby shops, David, or relevant museums - those should keep the creative juices flowing while you are away! You don't say where you'll be, but there must be something of interest in the area(s) you are visiting.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

It's Malta, Paul. I am staying on for a weekend and hope to see their air museum as well as some of the historic sites.

David
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Nice! I have heard good things about the museum there. Check out this place, too: http://www.maltascalemodelshop.com/;
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

The museum was small but very impressive when I went about 8 years ago. There was an extensive display of amazing models and dioramas. It will be much easier to get to by car than when I went by bus I'd imagine! I'd love to go there again; have a great visit David.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1

Return to “Small Talk”