What's in store for 2018 (modeling)?

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Chuck E
Established 1949

Re: What's in store for 2018 (modeling)?

Post by Chuck E »

Soooooooooooooooooooooo . . . . . . . What to do?

I must get some of those unfinished Viscounts done. Another 5 to do and 3 to finish.

Same with Provost T3 and 4 kits. 5 to complete. Only 3 Gnats in the line.

I would also like to get all those small ship projects under way / completed. I can sell those.

Three projects are still on the list.

1/1200 harbour. Featuring a lot of my waterline stuff, plus Minic ships etc.

OO Vintage Rail display. Basically a 600 mm wide shelf 3.5 m long, on two levels, to display my old Triang / Hornby models. It will run end to end, with a small 4 track storage siding in the adjacent loo. ( Another 1.5 m ) At the moment, this shelf is populated with model kits.

30's Flying Club. I have most of the models for this, plus buildings and bases. I just need to put it all together and make a storage case.

Getting the stash into some sort of order should be my main concern, as it seems to be multiplying. I really don't need that many kits up there.

Plan for 2018 will be to review the stash ( Again ) and ensure that all kits are in the three groups.

Models to build.
Stuff that I will build when time allows.

Models to keep.
Stuff that will probably be built, but is currently in the Modelling History collection. This is to show modelling through the last 60 years and is part of the Classic British Kit display, which is joined by classic kits of all manufacturers. I've picked up quite a lot of old stuff at shows and from Ebay.

Kits to sell.
I must shift these duplicates and models that I have purchased for projects, but not gone ahead with. I have shifted all the kits that I have lost interest in, plus those that I have decided to dispose of due to limitations in both scale and space. Most of my Heller 1/400 scale warships are in the sales box. Quite a few duplicated 1/700 ships too. The Pit Road / Skywave stuff will be joining it later.

I'll post stuff on this forum before putting it on Ebay. This way, we can look at swaps for those odd kits that I'm still looking for.

I only have a few wants for 2018. Some are the 2017 Airfix releases. Phantom / Sea Fury / Blenheim IV. / B-25. I already have my sights on the two new releases for 2018, though I'm sure that there will be more when they announce their others on the 9th of January.

There are some interesting models in the lists from other sources, too. SR71 sounds nice.
So many models, so little time.
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Just one more day before Airfix announce their eagerly awaited Spitfire. ;-)

And, back to the original subject of this thread, my modelling goals for 2018:

1. Reduce the shelf(ves) of shame. Mainly, finish my Ducati MHR900, B-36 and Avro York to clear some space.

2. USS Forrestal project. Building aircraft from the air wing of Forrestal and, if I can, the 1/600th scale model of the ship which is also in the started pile.

3. RAF Germany. Cold War related and my effort to celebrate the RAF 100th anniversary.

There are other things too but I have to try to keep it realistic and within the realms of the speed I build. :roll:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

the one thing I plan to do is finish the Revell Saturn V I started 15 years ago
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17
carlos
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by carlos »

New year, and literally a new start for me.
Split up from a long marriage just before Xmas, (but that's by-the-by) and moved into a new place....

Stash settled in it's new home, and have just got the workbench set up at the weekend.
All W.I.P. is still at the old place (for now) so started an Airfix EE Lightning F2A yesterday - and got to the point of closing up the fuselage last night.

To do:
Short term - Get the last of the stuff out of my old den moved in here... and set up somewhere to airbrush.
Long term - Really need to get my 'shelf-of-shame' down to a couple of projects (from the current 10+)
Currently on bench: ICM 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2

Return to “Small Talk”