Breakfast on the beach - Australian style

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
skypirate
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Breakfast on the beach - Australian style

Post by skypirate »

FAAMAN wrote:You're lucky you could be out side, where I live was officially the hottest place in NSW yesterday at 47.3 deg C poor air conditioner hardly kept up!
Yes, saw that in the news this morning. Hard to imagine!

Cheers,

David
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

skypirate wrote:
FAAMAN wrote:You're lucky you could be out side, where I live was officially the hottest place in NSW yesterday at 47.3 deg C poor air conditioner hardly kept up!

Cheers,

David
Can't even imagine what 47.3 C feels like at the moment here in the UK. Not as cold as some places in the world but hovering around 3 C last night!!. :-|
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
celt

Post by celt »

MarkyM607 wrote:
skypirate wrote:

Cheers,

David
Can't even imagine what 47.3 C feels like at the moment here in the UK. Not as cold as some places in the world but hovering around 3 C last night!!. :-|
It was -6 in the Welsh Valleys this week,I would not mind a burst of heat but perhaps not 47.3C. :razz:
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

celt wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:
skypirate wrote:

Cheers,

David
It was -6 in the Welsh Valleys this week,I would not mind a burst of heat but perhaps not 47.3C. :razz:
Tell me about it mate. We could do with a few of those Australian degrees over here but you're right, not all 47 of them.

The sheep would melt. :lol:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Dazzled wrote:
celt wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:
skypirate wrote:

Cheers,

David
Tell me about it mate. We could do with a few of those Australian degrees over here but you're right, not all 47 of them.

The sheep would melt. :lol:
Please do send some of your spare Oz degrees C back here to the mothership - all will be gratefully received. You can keep your big lizards, deadly snakes and venomous creepy crawlies though :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

ShaunW wrote:Please do send some of your spare Oz degrees C back here to the mothership - all will be gratefully received. You can keep your big lizards, deadly snakes and venomous creepy crawlies though :ha:
If any of you guys enjoy a good read, try Bill Bryson's book "Down Under". It is the usual educational, side-splitting hoot, including a foreigner's view of the native fauna.
Highly recommended. In fact, all his travel books are highly recommended.

Cheers,

David
iggie

Post by iggie »

skypirate wrote:
ShaunW wrote:Please do send some of your spare Oz degrees C back here to the mothership - all will be gratefully received. You can keep your big lizards, deadly snakes and venomous creepy crawlies though :ha:
If any of you guys enjoy a good read, try Bill Bryson's book "Down Under". It is the usual educational, side-splitting hoot, including a foreigner's view of the native fauna.
Highly recommended. In fact, all his travel books are highly recommended.

Cheers,

David
Yep, I'll second that! Bryson has an uncanny knack of picking out the idiosyncrasies of whichever country he is in, and then gently taking the proverbial :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Post by DH-Drover »

Re the Brown. A 24yr old in Tamworth (NSW) died within 1 hour of being bitten on the finger by an Eastern Brown yesterday.

Dai
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

Yes, saw that on the news this morning. Shocking. He was trying to protect his dog.

David
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Post by DH-Drover »

Margaret and I have a deal on snakes and spiders. She looks after the snakes and I deal with the spiders. The Pest man (who also rescues abandoned Greyhounds) deals with the white ants. Patches our 10Kg cat deals with the mice! While where we live, Grenfell keeps the inlaws away!

Dai
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

DH-Drover wrote:Margaret and I have a deal on snakes and spiders. She looks after the snakes and I deal with the spiders. The Pest man (who also rescues abandoned Greyhounds) deals with the white ants. Patches our 10Kg cat deals with the mice! While where we live, Grenfell keeps the inlaws away!
Dai
10 Kg cat! The mice would die of fright!
So Grenfell is in-law proof. That is a declining issue, for me. But you are in easy range of Temora. Not to mention Upper Bumbaldry!

Cheers,

David
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

ShaunW wrote:Can't say either of those reptiles are exactly common around these parts either, thank goodness! Excellent pics, David and I hope you're having a great summer 8-)
Hi Shaun. I lived in Methley not far from you some years back. Saw all three indigenous snake breeds there. One of my dogs came nose to nose with an Adder once. First and only time I have seen a dog run backwards.then she spun round and ran all the way home. Not saying it scared her much LoL.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

Return to “Small Talk”