How big is your stash?

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
pmmaker
Active Participant

Re: How big is your stash?

Post by pmmaker »

I just checked. I've got 47 in the stash, including the four 72nd scale A-10 kits I bought this week. Not bad though I'd like to get it down to around 25 or 30. I'm still whittling down the die-cast stash - got that down under 150 models with the last few I sold off. I want that to get down to around 50 if I can.

I'm not trying to keep up with anyone so I don't feel inadequate. :ha:

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by MarkyM607 »

pmmaker wrote:I'm not trying to keep up with anyone so I don't feel inadequate. :ha: pmmaker
That way lays madness and despair!! :lol: :lol:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Bill_B
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Bill_B »

A totally inadequate 9, but then I have a 40+ year addiction with rc planes so spare storage room is quite scarce!
PTB11

Post by PTB11 »

No laughing please, but my meager stash stands at around 40 kits and roughly another 25-30 figures and accessories kits.
Regards, Paddy.

On The Bench
Fujimi 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

No idea how many, just that I have them in the garage, the bedroom and the dining room. Mrs Kit is VERY understanding
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
VMA131Marine

Post by VMA131Marine »

Well, there is the main stash, the backup stash, the reserve stash, and the ready-use stash. I don't have anything like an accurate count of how many kits are in it, but if I had to guess, it's in the neighborhood of 3000 +/- 1000. It's nowhere near the biggest stash I know of, which is well North of 10,000 kits.
WIP Hasegawa 1/72 Yak-3, Hasegawa 1/72 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24, Hasegawa 1/72 J2M3 Raiden, Hasegawa 1/72 Mosquito NF.2, Airfix 1/48 Mosquito NF.30
Last kit completed: Hasegawa 1/72 Yakovlev Yak-3
FAAMAN

Post by FAAMAN »

Just gonna say I've known a bloke since I was very young (Mum and Dad's mate) who's been collecting/building since 1958 or so, builds one and "collects" a second or so he started out anyway, a mind blowingly full garage/shed, he told me once his wife considers he has "Toxic Kit Build-Up", no idea how many he has, but there are aisle after aisle, I drool in there :drool2:

My stash now is no where near the heavyweights like VMA131Marine, at one stage just after I was married in 1997 there were over 3500 aircraft, 1500 ships and masses of armour :shock: :shock: so had to have a serious cull, not fun but I certainly got it down with the 'help' of the other half ;-)

Going through my reduced stash book we have;
116 Ship kits with a further 50 ship subject/scale kits;
7 Armour kits;
5 Car/Truck kits;
1 SciFi kit;
232 Aircraft kits;
189 kits of various types in the "Started, to be finished" box, (it's oldest resident is an Airfix Dennis Fire Engine I started in 1975(?) I think) :shock: :shock:
Yea gods :shock: :shock: that's 600 kits
Been modelling for years, still learning . . . .
Model kits are meant to be assembled . . . . . . . . . . eventually.
philp

Post by philp »

I think I am somewhere between 500-700. Got them stacked to deep to see on a couple of the shelve units. And that doesn't count the figure kits from 20mm scale upwards.

Last year I sold off my for sale pile at the US Nats which was about another 145 kits and already have another 30+ in the new for sale pile.

Just going through the stacks I can see a bunch that I could get rid of but think I want to build (of course I want to build them). Will see how that goes as I am driving to Nats again this year plus the local club is doing the show this year.
mjatx

Post by mjatx »

I'm at about 30-ish kits, including a few that are WIPs now. That number doesn't include any of my figure sets, which are probably another 15 or so.

Here's my list of kits on Scalemates: https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 30&p=stash;
PTB11

Post by PTB11 »

Thats a nicely varied stash mj.
Regards, Paddy.

On The Bench
Fujimi 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
uavdb
Active Participant

Post by uavdb »

380. I actually use Scalemates stash manager. Its a great tool to document your collection.
uavdb (Dave)
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Wow there really are alot of varied amounts in the stash!
I have noticed there aren't too many people like me who only collect 1 single scale.
Granted I have 1 in 1/24th(the Phantom Mustang doesn't count as Im going to build it for my kids).
I also have just started using the Stash Manager on Scale Mates.
There's only one thing I don't like about it.
When you only have 1 kit from a multiboxing it doesn't let you get rid of the one you haven't got in the stash which is annoying.
Greg how many do you have mate?
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

I didn't know about the Scalemate stash tool. I have imported all mine from Excel into a small free database system called StashMate I downloaded from the web. I am still learning how to use it but I can connect kits to details sets like etch, decals, etc. and references all inside StashMate. It's not perfect but I like it.

It does, of course, do counts for you but, happily, I live in the USA where the Constitution includes a thing called 'the 5th Amendment'.

David
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

The only thing about Scalemates is that some brands aren't listed. I have kits by Wills, Playcraft and others that don't get search results, so my total will be lower on there than it actually is :frown:
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

My Scalemates stash list is woefully out of date. :roll:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Small Talk”