Free Airfix Spitfire with the Mail on Saturday.

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Free Airfix Spitfire with the Mail on Saturday.

Post by iggie »

ejsnotgrass wrote:I managed to get 3 and they are virtually identical to the standard starter set kit, just in a different box.
You bought three Daily Mails? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ejsnotgrass
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by ejsnotgrass »

I would have bought three issues of the Glasgow Rangers Fanzine if they were giving away Spitfires for a quid!!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Missed out on this one, but I do have a Revell(GB) Hurricane offered as a Daily Telegraph promotion. I do not think that harmed or enhanced its value one bit.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

ejsnotgrass wrote:I would have bought three issues of the Glasgow Rangers Fanzine if they were giving away Spitfires for a quid!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

"I would have bought three issues of the Glasgow Rangers Fanzine if they were giving away Spitfires for a quid!!"

After all the self-righteous abuse levelled at the Daily Mail on Saturday on some of the Facebook sites, your answer is a breath of fresh air. It's not about the paper, it's about cheap kits.

By the way, the packaging style was introduced for the first Daily Mail promotion back in 2012! The standard Starter Set is too unwieldy for these sorts of promotions. I understand several older modellers, who do not normally read daily papers, are still undergoing therapy from their 2012 purchase of the DM and its free Airfix Spitfire kit.

Return to “Small Talk”