Aircrew Remembered Website

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Aircrew Remembered Website

Post by iggie »

As is often the way, I stumbled across this website pretty much by accident! The site aims to record the histories of as many aircrew as possible, allied and axis, in order to preserve their memory for future generations. In their own words:

The mission of this site is to record the stories of people connected with aviation, from wartime experiences - where young men and women were presented with extraordinary circumstances - to those in peacetime. We're interested in recording what we can of the lives of ordinary people doing ordinary things just as much as those of heroes doing unimaginable deeds.

My reason for posting the link is twofold; one is an appeal for any information that forum members may have that could be added to the site to expand an existing reference, or create a new entry; and secondly as a reference tool for those here who like to model the aircraft of real pilots and crews.

The site can be found here: http://aircrewremembered.com/
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Spaceowl

Re: Aircrew Remembered Website

Post by Spaceowl »

That's a really useful resource, Iggie. Thanks for adding it.
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Thanks for posting this. Well worth studying.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
CementNotGlue
Active Participant

Post by CementNotGlue »

Thanks Iggie
It's not that 'powerful' (computer laguage) I looked for a Coddenham crash of a Czech manned 311 Sqn Wellington bomber in 1940. Site did not bring up details.
iggie

Post by iggie »

CementNotGlue wrote:Thanks Iggie
It's not that 'powerful' (computer laguage) I looked for a Coddenham crash of a Czech manned 311 Sqn Wellington bomber in 1940. Site did not bring up details.
In fairness to the site, it is not a search engine as such; they actually collate information provided by others into one central place. If you have some information relating to the event you searched for, I am certain they would be grateful to receive it and create a page for it. That may in turn trigger others with additional information adding it to enlarge upon the initial listing 8-)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “Small Talk”