Airfix Valiant - first glimpse

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Chris

Re: Airfix Valiant - first glimpse

Post by Chris »

It looks like an impressive kit.

I would never buy one, but interesting nonthe less!
Desert_fox
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Desert_fox »

flakmonkey wrote:Tamiya provide die-cast noseweights in their He-219 and Me-262 kits. As for ugly... well, I understand where you're coming from, but I think sinister is a better term. Particularly when applied to the thing of great beauty that is known as the Handley Page Victor, which is made from pure sci-fi.
Sinister...yes that's a good term to describe them. The Victor really is pure sci-fi, but again I don't think it has the beauty of a spitfire, for example. Definately a great looking bird, but ugly somehow. I find it very difficult to explain how I feel about them! :ha:
Will write history dissertations for modelling supplies...
Ratch
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Ratch »

I alwaysthought the Victor was the lady of the bunch, pretty, with a girlish elegance 8-)
The Vulcan was the macho brute, the roar of the Olympus engines went right through you :twisted:
By comparison the Valiant was an ugly duckling, but still an impressive beast :razz:
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I'd always thought that you'd get a Valiant if you crossed a Vulcan with a Victor.
To my mind, the Sperrin was the ugly duckling, with no chance whatsoever of becoming a swan.

Back on topic, has anyone bought their Valiant yet?

Regards,
Bruce

Regards,
Bruce
Falcon
F-16 Fan

Post by Falcon »

MerlinJones wrote:I'd always thought that you'd get a Valiant if you crossed a Vulcan with a Victor.
To my mind, the Sperrin was the ugly duckling, with no chance whatsoever of becoming a swan.

Back on topic, has anyone bought their Valiant yet?

Regards,
Bruce

Regards,
Bruce
Not sure it is on the shelves in the shops just yet Bruce but it won't be long now.
Chris.

Cold War S.I.G Deputy Leader
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

My LMS told me today than June 20th is the availability date for the Valiant to the retail trade. Of course they may start popping up on eBay earlier as usual.
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

I finally managed to get my hands on the sprues of the Valiant at the Downham Market show and it looks and feels very good indeed. Panel lines seem a tad heavy, but nothing that can't be calmed down with a few coats of gloss white. It got the approval of my father too who was AEO on Valiants at RAF Marham in the late 50's early 60's:

Also....

I heard rumour that Airfix are going to tool a 1/72nd Victor and re-tool the Vulcan :shock: If this is true it would be fantastic news. :-D
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
peebeep

Post by peebeep »

Hot damn, I'm double envious now, a Seafire and a Valiant! :boom:

peebeep

Return to “Small Talk”