I don't want to build that kit because....

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Barry
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: I don't want to build that kit because....

Post by Barry »

I'm right there with Paul and the rest on the B-36. With me though, it's purely a size issue. I've squinted hard and long at the cockpit on more than one built up kit just to prove to m'self that you can't see nuffin through all that framing. Besides, its dark in there.
2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Post by DH-Drover »

The High Planes CAC Wirraway. Not that I couldn't but the scratching of the cockpit framing is putting me off no end. And I have two of them!

Dai
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Barry wrote:I'm right there with Paul and the rest on the B-36. With me though, it's purely a size issue. I've squinted hard and long at the cockpit on more than one built up kit just to prove to m'self that you can't see nuffin through all that framing. Besides, its dark in there.
Which is why I have this plan to light it up - and of course, once you get a plan in your head..... :shock:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Might not be like the rest of you, but myself at the moment im putting off starting my Revell Tornado Gr.1 beacue when i opened the box the first things that came to my mind was oh my god :shock: I thought this due to the amount of pieces and the amount of small pieces, as i said may not be like the rest of you bt ive never built a kit with this many parts or with small detail parts so should be a learning curve for me :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Sounds like a Proper Kit to me!
You might have to follow the Instruction Sheet. :mrgreen:
Enjoy.

Regards,
Bruce
Barry

Post by Barry »

PaulBradley wrote:

Which is why I have this plan to light it up - ..... :shock:

Right! Hmmm..too big, raised lines, NMF.... I know :twisted: let's add another degree of difficulty! :ha:

Man, that's what's stalled my Severn Lifeboat build for the past three years....Can't find lights that are bright enough and cool enough but still small enough to do the job.
2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Might as well motorise it and add remote control to the motors and lights while you are at it... :)
Up in the Great White North
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Hmmmmmm.......

:boom:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

With Bluetooth, so you can control it from your phone or ipad... :)
Up in the Great White North
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Motley wrote:Might not be like the rest of you, but myself at the moment im putting off starting my Revell Tornado Gr.1 beacue when i opened the box the first things that came to my mind was oh my god :shock: I thought this due to the amount of pieces and the amount of small pieces, as i said may not be like the rest of you bt ive never built a kit with this many parts or with small detail parts so should be a learning curve for me :)

Take it one sub-assembly at a time, and enjoy it. I built one as a commission build several years ago and loved every bit of it. Its not a tough kit. Everything goes together well, there are just lots of parts (like you said) and a lot of small details to paint. Totally worth it in the end
Stamford

Post by Stamford »

Almost all my kits in the stash suffer from this! Can be other stuff I need too - masks, paint, another excuse - the list goes on! I hate to agree with Merlin :ha: but there are a few that I´m scared to have a pop at with regard to not doing them justice, (you don´t help here Flakmonkey!), but I´m working on that.
running at the edge of their world

Return to “Small Talk”