Alecras' Workbench

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Alecras' Workbench

Post by iggie »

Try adding a small amount of water.....day a capful from a soft drink bottle. Then give it a shake and leave for a while before massaging the contents to see if you can recover it. If no luck then it's a new tube and follow Shaun's advice above.
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

ok, i added water into the tube and left it for a few hours, when i came back i was able to get a little putty out but that was it. I'm unable to really squeeze the putty out and it needs squeezing and twisting to get putty out which im unable to do. What about vallejo plastic putty? the bottle is smaller and might be easier to squeeze but would i have the same problem as with perfect plastic putty with getting the putty out of the bottle?
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

how big does the clingfilm need to be to cover the paint pots, does it need to cover the whole pot or just where the lid was before cutting it off?
iggie

Post by iggie »

I'd wrap the whole pot, as long as that doesn't make it difficult for you to unwrap it again next time; otherwise just the top, but I suspect that will be too tricky anyway.
Another way might be to put a strip of sellotape (other self adhesive tapes are available folks :grin: ) over the open top; possibly easier than dealing with small bits of cling film!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

do you mean a strip of tape over where the lid was? won't the paint dry? im not sure what you mean sorry
iggie

Post by iggie »

alecras234 wrote:do you mean a strip of tape over where the lid was? won't the paint dry? im not sure what you mean sorry
Yep, exactly that; stick the tape over the open pot where the lid would have been
Best wishes

Jim
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

oh i see, ok sorry
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

Hi im building a 1:72 airfix Hurricane mk1 which is going ok. Does it matter about those clear parts on the wing edges, i dont know what they're called. They were so tiny that i lost them as i could hardly pick them up.
iggie

Post by iggie »

They are landing light covers; not essential and if you've lost them a blob of pva will fill the hole and dry clear
Best wishes

Jim
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

I paint parts on the Sprite but I'm thinking of building the model first before painting. What is the advantage of building the model first in terms of parts drying?
celt

Post by celt »

alecras234 wrote:I paint parts on the Sprite but I'm thinking of building the model first before painting. What is the advantage of building the model first in terms of parts drying?
Hi alecras234,I dont think it makes much difference to the drying time of the parts,if there is a difference,its negligible. :)
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

Hi i've brush painted the canopy of a 1:72 hurricane and it's gone wrong. -I followed the raised lines using green paint but the paint has gone over the windows as well as the raised parts. i tried using a cocktail stick to scrape the paint off but the paint won't come off. Help!!
celt

Post by celt »

alecras234 wrote:Hi i've brush painted the canopy of a 1:72 hurricane and it's gone wrong. -I followed the raised lines using green paint but the paint has gone over the windows as well as the raised parts. i tried using a cocktail stick to scrape the paint off but the paint won't come off. Help!!
I use a sharp blade to scrape of the paint and then give it a couple of coats of Kleer.It usually works for me. :)
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

shall i try Acrylic paint thinner to get the paint off the canopy, will it make the canopy cloudy?
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

alecras234 wrote:shall i try Acrylic paint thinner to get the paint off the canopy, will it make the canopy cloudy?
No, just use a little to make it easier to scrape the paint of.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)

Return to “Workbench Window”