The Cave of RudiB

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
PGAS
Active Participant

Re: The Cave of RudiB

Post by PGAS »

Valliant is coming along very nicely. Good solution to get it back on its nose.
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
RudiB
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by RudiB »

Just got my decals from Hannants delivered for XD818, after taking another look at the Valiant tonight I've found a few areas that still need attention before decals are applied, namely around the engine intakes, and it looks like I may need to give it another couple of coats of white.
Back to the tube of plastic putty it is then. :sad:
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

Progress has been a bit slow on the Valiant lately, summer slow down I think, anyway here's the latest developments. I went back and filled and sanded the issues around the engine intakes and then resprayed the offending areas.
The anti glare area in front of the cockpit has been masked and painted, I painted this free hand as I've run out if thin masking tape so couldn't get the right curves with the thick stuff that I have loads of, I may need to finish it of as after looking at the photos it appears a bit wonky :cry:

The nuke has been painted and installed in the bomb bay, I had to mix the paint for the sea grey area as I didn't have the correct colour, I don't think its come out that bad compared to other finished examples I have found online.

That's all for now, I'm off on my travels again at the weekend for 3 weeks so the decals and finishing touches will have to wait until I return.
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

I'm still here, the Valiant and building in general has taken a bit of a back seat lately as I have a lot going on, the biggest of which is that my wife and I are expecting our first child, to add to this our house is on the market so my build space is slowly being taken over by storage boxes :sad: ,aswell as this I'm also taking studying part time for a HNC in electronic engineering, the models are slowly sinking into the background.
Having said that I've not lost my modelling mojo and have dabbled with the Valiant when I've had a spare hour or two but it's pretty much in the same position on the bench as it was a few months back, I'm aiming to get it finished before we move, but with no moving date or new house found yet it may be a while off.

Anyway for now I'm still enjoying watching everyones builds take shape, and chuck in the odd three word contribution.

Rudi
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Life sometimes gets in the way of important stuff ;-)

Good luck with your studies and congratulations on your impending parenthood. Another potential modeller perhaps :grin:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

Life has definitely got in the way of the important things, my modelling cave is no more :cry: . We are finally moving in two weeks with the arrival of our little one imminent. I found a solution to packing the larger models and they are all safely tucked up awaiting the move. Unfortunately the valiant has not yet been finished I think it my get finished before Christmas :lol: I'm aiming to get the new cave set up as soon as possible when we have moved as I'm getting itchy fingers and feel the need to build.
Really enjoying watching the builds on here, it's the closest I get to building at the moment!

Rudi
iggie

Post by iggie »

Good luck with the move Rudi; I hope that it all goes well and you are back at your bench in good time
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

Looking forward to the Return of the Valiant!

cheers,

David

Return to “Workbench Window”