A Kit Bashers Bench

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: A Kit Bashers Bench

Post by iggie »

Try emptying your cache if postimg.org plays up; it sometimes resolves any problems
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
celt

Post by celt »

I am not a fan of Heller kits but their decal sheets have improved.
iggie wrote:Try emptying your cache if postimg.org plays up; it sometimes resolves any problems
Thanks for the advice iggie,I will try it.
celt

Post by celt »

I have put the decals on and it turned out ok,I left on the stencil decals as they are too small for my chubby fingers to cope with.
celt

Post by celt »

Finished my Hellcat,this kit was no stranger to filler but my wife,who bought me the kit likes it.

All paints were acrylic and slapped on by hairy stick.
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

I don't know how you're able to brush paint gloss colors without losing your head. I would go absolutely bananas trying to get an even finish.

Wouldn't it be easier to apply flat colors, and then apply a thin coat of Klear (which is very easy to do)?
celt

Post by celt »

Softscience wrote:I don't know how you're able to brush paint gloss colors without losing your head. I would go absolutely bananas trying to get an even finish.

Wouldn't it be easier to apply flat colors, and then apply a thin coat of Klear (which is very easy to do)?
Hi Softscience,it would be easier,but I have no original Kleer left and the new formula sucks really badly,so I had no choice. :)
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one Celt, that looks great in those French Navy markings. I wouldn't have fancied applying gloss paint by brush either. I don't like applying gloss paints by airbrush. In fact, I just don't like gloss paints very much at all and avoid them whenever I can. Kudos to you for getting a decent finish 8-)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
LarryH57
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by LarryH57 »

I have a few aircraft models that are in that stage between being in the stash boxed and full of potential and the final stage as beautifully made on the shelf; sadly the middle stage they are in, is known as 'unloved, abandoned and out of favour' projects as they could do with the paint stripping off and starting again, so I would like to know what oven cleaner works best for you Celt on getting rid of acrylic and enamel paints.
celt

Post by celt »

ShaunW wrote:Nice one Celt, that looks great in those French Navy markings. I wouldn't have fancied applying gloss paint by brush either. I don't like applying gloss paints by airbrush. In fact, I just don't like gloss paints very much at all and avoid them whenever I can. Kudos to you for getting a decent finish 8-)
Thanks,much appreciated.I dont normally like gloss paints either,but my wife bought me the kit for my birthday and I was determined to finish it as well as I could.
LarryH57 wrote:I have a few aircraft models that are in that stage between being in the stash boxed and full of potential and the final stage as beautifully made on the shelf; sadly the middle stage they are in, is known as 'unloved, abandoned and out of favour' projects as they could do with the paint stripping off and starting again, so I would like to know what oven cleaner works best for you Celt on getting rid of acrylic and enamel paints.
Hi LarryH57,Mr Muscle gets enamel paints off but wont work on acrylic paint.I use brake fluid for acrylic paint and it works very well.
Marek

Post by Marek »

Nice job on paintscheme and the markings.
celt

Post by celt »

Marek wrote:Nice job on paintscheme and the markings.
Thanks,much appreciated.
Ural
Active Participant

Post by Ural »

Very good work!!

I made this same kit when I was a kid, and I remember this with much affection.

regards
celt

Post by celt »

Ural wrote:Very good work!!

I made this same kit when I was a kid, and I remember this with much affection.

regards
Thanks,this was the first time I have completed a Heller kit,my previous efforts hwere binned. :sad:
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Very nice looking Hellcat Celt - I like the look at those French Navy markings, it gives me an idea for my build - it would make a nice pair with my Corsair.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

That looks really sharp celt 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Workbench Window”