A Kit Bashers Bench

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: A Kit Bashers Bench

Post by celt »

Sir T wrote:Very nice looking Hellcat Celt - I like the look at those French Navy markings, it gives me an idea for my build - it would make a nice pair with my Corsair.
Thanks Sir T,paired with a French Navy Corsair would be well tidy.
Dazzled wrote:That looks really sharp celt 8-)
Thanks Dazzled,much appreciated.
celt

Post by celt »

My bench has been quiet of late,due to health problems.This was to be my next kit.

But having opened the box,I have decided to try to exchange it for something less complex for my first 1/48 kit. :roll:
celt

Post by celt »

I have found a partly started 1/48 kit in the darkest corner of my model room.I wil see if I can complete this beast, :-D to practice on.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Good idea to have a trial run; the lower kit has still got plenty to do on it to get you back into the swing of things. I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
celt

Post by celt »

iggie wrote:Good idea to have a trial run; the lower kit has still got plenty to do on it to get you back into the swing of things. I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress
I cant find the decals or the box,so I am thinking a whif project. :roll:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Good to see you building again, Celt. 1/48th offers some good choices but more modern offerings can fall into the complex build category. Airfix did decent Hurricane, Spitfire and Me-109F kits in 1/48th back in the day that are worth seeking out, I have the '109 and it is not too complex a kit. The white beastie looks like a Douglas X-3 Stiletto experimental/research aircraft to me, which kit is it?
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
celt

Post by celt »

ShaunW wrote:Good to see you building again, Celt. 1/48th offers some good choices but more modern offerings can fall into the complex build category. Airfix did decent Hurricane, Spitfire and Me-109F kits in 1/48th back in the day that are worth seeking out, I have the '109 and it is not too complex a kit. The white beastie looks like a Douglas X-3 Stiletto experimental/research aircraft to me, which kit is it?
Thanks ShaunW,most new 1/48 are a bit fiddly for me,so I am going to seek out more older boxings.The white beastie is a Douglas X-3 and its by Lindberg.A kit with few if any small parts,just right for my dodgy hand.
PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

Strange, I can't see your pictures Celt :sad: . I tried clearing my cache but it still does not seem to work. I will keep trying because I would like to see your progress. Looking forward to seeing them when I solve my problem.
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Can't wait to see you new production line of 1/48 th builds.
celt

Post by celt »

PGAS wrote:Strange, I can't see your pictures Celt :sad: . I tried clearing my cache but it still does not seem to work. I will keep trying because I would like to see your progress. Looking forward to seeing them when I solve my problem.
Sorry PGAS,I was having such a rotten time of it I got in a right mood and deleted all my pictures and threw all my models in the recycling bin. :cry:
dollar19 wrote:Can't wait to see you new production line of 1/48 th builds.
Hi dollar19,I have not managed to complete any,I am finding it difficult to manage with a gammy hand.After a mad temper tantrum and a regretfull clear out,I am going to start with a Pegasus Hobbies 1/48 Bf 109. :)Wish me luck. :-D
celt

Post by celt »

Well after many false starts I have finished at last.First I apologise to all the Luftwaffe Experten out there,the colours used are the nearest I had in my paint drawer.This kit was basic and not many parts,just right for me and my dead hand.As is my usual all paints are acrylic and slapped on with a hairy stick.

celt

Post by celt »

Moe photos below.

I am not really a Luftwaffe fan,but I think the bf109 is a good looking machine,I might even do another one.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Ace job Celt, very neat finish indeed!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

Sweet Celt! Very nice 109. They paint job is quite smooth. Do you use any kind of retarder in your paint as I find acrylic dries soooo fast?
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Celt!! You've been scamming us! What a fine model. There isn't a thing I'd complain about! I'm glad you pushed on through with it. I'd call that one a top shelf build! Congratulations!

Return to “Workbench Window”