iggie's modelling table

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: iggie's modelling table

Post by iggie »

Thanks guys, next up will be the Academy Camel F.1 for the GB
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
iggie

Post by iggie »

As an interlude between scale modelling, the on going 1:1 work on NB Great Escape continues. This weekend involved stripping off any loose paint and rust from the fore and stern decks and repainting with Hammerite (frowned upon by purists but it works for me :grin: )
Removal of the paint and rust involved one of these brutes

It's ferocious but even then probably not up to rivet removal from a Frog Shackleton :shock: :-D
After stripping

And after the first coat

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Superb build/dio that - Both subjects look really good.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

That's quite an undertaking you've got there.
iggie

Post by iggie »

A little more progress on the Camel; IP has had it's woodgrain, and the gauges/dials filled with black ready for some white highlights later. The cockpit floor grain has settled well, and the rudder pedal tracks are painted in steel. The wicker seat has had a coat of something (I can't recall as I type) like linen, and a darker brown wash to pick out the basket weave. I have also added woodgrain to the cockpit side walls; more of that later

Best wishes

Jim
Marek

Post by Marek »

...so is that wooden chair there a part of a pilothouse of your barge? :). Seriously though, wood simulation looks really good.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Marek wrote:...so is that wooden chair there a part of a pilothouse of your barge? :). Seriously though, wood simulation looks really good.
I have a small pair of steps that I use to sit on if we are cruising long pounds without locks, otherwise I'm on my feet all the time! Tbh, I mostly stand anyway, or sit on the roof and steer from there, using my foot to adjust the throttle :-D

Progress on the Camel has got me to this stage:

For a little light relief, I broke out a Bandai 'palm-size' kit. this is the tiny AT-ST from the top box in this picture:

I'm not sure what scale it is (I'm guessing 1/144 or smaller) but it went together in about 30 minutes and the fit and detail is sublime!
It has had a coat of Tamiya Light Grey, plus a thin gloss varnish, and then grey and grime Flory washes overall to lift the detail. It needs some detail s picking out in a couple of other colours for interest

Best wishes

Jim
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That wood effect in the cockpit of the Camel looks good Iggie - Uschi decals? I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars it has to be said but that AT-ST is a little gem!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

I love what you're doing with the Camel!

That little walker really turned out nicely.
iggie

Post by iggie »

ShaunW wrote:That wood effect in the cockpit of the Camel looks good Iggie - Uschi decals? I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars it has to be said but that AT-ST is a little gem!
Uschi Van Der Rosten decals indeed; they really are very good, although a tad pricey. They also benefit from a coat of matt varnish once dry to take the shine off, and let the grain pattern really show through
Best wishes

Jim
billyb_imp
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by billyb_imp »

Great work on the wood effect for the cockpit iggie & nicely done on that AT-ST looks the biz
A start on my first kit a Hawker Hurricane as been made, a spitfire awaits in the wings and thinking about models to come.

Modelling space in shed coming along nicely.
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

How do you do this so quickly???
Lovely start to the Camel!

cheers,

David
PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

Really nice work on the cockpit. The wood grain decals look the part.

And the AT-ST looks a treat. I have been a Star Wars fan since I first saw it in theaters when I was a kid. I find this type of build quite fun.

Lots of boating going on here lately. Do you guys ever bump into each other when boating?
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
iggie

Post by iggie »

PGAS wrote:Really nice work on the cockpit. The wood grain decals look the part.

And the AT-ST looks a treat. I have been a Star Wars fan since I first saw it in theaters when I was a kid. I find this type of build quite fun.

Lots of boating going on here lately. Do you guys ever bump into each other when boating?
There is a school of thought that suggests narrow boating to be a contact sport; this is based largely on the antics of Timothy West and Prunella Scales (two English actors) on a TV series about canal holidays. In reality, it usually means somethings gone wrong if contact is made between moving boats...... That said, given a maximum closing speed of 8mph and steel hulls hitting with a glancing blow, it's usually only pride that suffers :-D
I've yet to meet Tony on the cut yet but hopefully one day we'll meet up. I have a handicap in that I still need to work so our cruising is limited accordingly!

These Bandai kits are fabulous; expensive over here although they can be had cheaply at times but for quality and ease of building they are peerless in my view.
Best wishes

Jim
iggie

Post by iggie »

Some progress on the Camel from the last couple of evenings:

And the AT-ST has had a covering of Tamiya Smoke and a matt varnish

Best wishes

Jim

Return to “Workbench Window”