iggie's modelling table

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
Softscience
Staring out the window

Re: iggie's modelling table

Post by Softscience »

iggie wrote:Thank you Gentlemen, much appreciated 8-)
Softscience wrote:OUTSTANDING!

I know this is a much maligned kit, but for something that is but a few years younger than my parents, it looks fresh and current!

Goes to show how even a poor kit can be turned into something really nice in the hands of a skilled modeler. Even if said skilled modeler has a "particular" construction/paint/rigging sequence ;-) :ha:
You were itching to say 'peculiar' there weren't you! :-D

not at all! Your system works great for you, so its a good one.
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

Superb work on the RE8 Iggie, rigging is my Achilles heel
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
TeeELL
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TeeELL »

Good job Iggie. You've done a great job on that bi-plane.
Tony

The older I get the better I was!
Current build:
Airfix 1:72 Javelin FAW9
Particular modelling interests:
Cuban Airforce aircraft, 29(F) Sqn aircraft, Aircraft I’ve flown
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

Just seen this in the aircraft section: turn away for 10 minutes and he has built three kits! That is an impressive and quick build - one to be proud of and no mistake.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Thanks chaps!
The lack of builds at present was actually down to us having a week in Northern Cyprus; I didn't mention it here as they're have been a spate of break-ins locally that the police are linking with social media (mostly of the Facebook type it had to be said) and so I'm taking cyber-security a little more seriously :frown:

Not a comment on this forum in any way at all, just something to be mindful of in this wonderful age in which we live :cry:

Northern Cyprus is a lovely place though, wonderful people and walking around in jeans and T shirt a week before Christmas was very pleasant indeed! We had to fly via Antalya in southern Turkey both ways as there are no direct flights due to the status of the region.....

Anyway normal service will be resumed this evening with a new tool Airfix 1/72 Stuka :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
chrism

Post by chrism »

Very sensible to be cautious. I am always wary of advertising too widely on forum etc what I am upto
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
iggie

Post by iggie »

So, battle has commenced on the Stuka, although to be fair as it is the new tool there is not much battling to be had 8-)
Obligatory box shot:
Cockpit looking forward
cockpit looking aft

I have to say it's a nicely designed cockpit; plenty of detail and the separate cockpit sidewalls make it easy to paint the details like ammo drums
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Wow that was fast Iggie - and I really like the cockpit. Having never built any Luftwaffe aircraft before I'm begining to get into them with the help of the 262, and this Stuka looks like it's out of the same mould (well not literally obviously..)

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie

Post by iggie »

The drivers seat is provided with moulded harnesses if no pilot being fitted, or plain if you want to fit the pilot; that's the kind of attention to detail I like!
Best wishes

Jim
mjatx

Post by mjatx »

I just recently picked up that kit, so I'll be looking forward to seeing how yours goes together. I really like the details Airfix included with this one. That cockpit looks great.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I nearly bought one of these new tool Stukas at Telford as I haven't built a model of the type since the 70's but I was tempted away by the new tool P-40, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes together. I never say on here when we're away either, Iggie - I'm generally not paranoid as to who might be watching the forum but you never know, you know (and just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean to say that they're not out to get you!).
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote:The drivers seat is provided with moulded harnesses if no pilot being fitted, or plain if you want to fit the pilot; that's the kind of attention to detail I like!
I wish that was done more often by all manufacturers. I hate PE seatbelts so I normaly use my PROModeler seatbelt decals, but it would much easier just to paint them.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

A good start on the Stuka 8-)
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
iggie

Post by iggie »

Not the best sprue gate in history..... :sad: A shame really, as the design of the wing join has the leading edge roll on the top wing part, so the join is not visible. Except that the sprue gate is very difficult to clean up!
Also big gap in the join between the lower wing half and the centre wing section; only present on one side, so perhaps I could of centred it better, but even so I suspect there would have been a gap both sides anyway! :frown:
Another gap! :sad:
Filled :grin:
On the plus side, the tail plane struts go together very nicely
Lovely exhaust stubs! But, you have to fit them as part of the fuselage nose assembly which kaes it a little harder to paint them irst; they would be next to impossible to mask methinks!
Best wishes

Jim
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

Seeing this reminds me of building the B variant in the mid-1960's...... This is a world away from that - just the cockpit interior, let alone any of the other parts!

This is going to be a really good model when complete despite the small problems that you have encountered - it would interesting to put the original release next to this one just for comparative purposes.......and to see how far our hobby has move on in 50+ years!

Return to “Workbench Window”