Willy Wokka's Fudge Factory.

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
wokka
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Willy Wokka's Fudge Factory.

Post by wokka »

Well, after a few month's on this site and some builds, I decided it's about time I set up my own little production line. Quality will be more important than productivity and while I hope to produce some lovely products you can all enjoy, I know I won't be able to compete with the Gt. Auk for imagination or with Lone Modeller amongst others for absolute quality. However, Fudge is nice, it's tasty and can hide a number of sins and that's what I hope to achieve. Hopefully not too many sins to be hidden though.

So here's the first:

The plan is as follows:
Prime away that awful Blue colour with Grey, can't see the detail when building with that colour.
Fitting of PE IP in the cockpit
Build up complete sub-assemblies before painting
Chill and enjoy.
It's only pain, work through it.
DavidWomby

Re: Willy Wokka's Fudge Factory.

Post by DavidWomby »

I'm looking forward to watching this space.

David
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

:-D Lol the thread Title - looking forward to seeing the Bell come together!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
The Great Auk

Post by The Great Auk »

I'm going to enjoy this one immensely. Hueys were ubiquitous when I was growing up in the '70s.

It's going to be a treat watching you build yours and I can only agree that fudge does indeed fortify when one is at the bench!

Kudos on the cool thread title. :)

The Great Auk
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I love fudge but, like chocolate biscuits, I try not to scoff too much of the stuff. Anyhoo, on to the model and I do like to see a Huey - or Agusta Bell 205 in this Italian incarnation - and look forward to seeing your efforts with this one. When it comes to hiding modelling sins, I do it regularly and admit that I concentrate more on getting a good finish on the topsides than underneath - I don't park them on mirrors and what is on the underside stays on the underside :grin:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

I can assure you that I am not beyond fudging things on my models - it is just that I have learned over the years how to conceal them, having had ample opportunity to practice!

Enjoy the process of building the model is what matters and then appreciate what you have done. This is a hobby at the end of the day so give it your best and we will do our best to encourage and support you.
wokka

Post by wokka »

ShaunW wrote:I love fudge but, like chocolate biscuits, I try not to scoff too much of the stuff. Anyhoo, on to the model and I do like to see a Huey - or Agusta Bell 205 in this Italian incarnation - and look forward to seeing your efforts with this one.
I use to have my hidden stash of choccy biscuits but unfortunately SWMBO found them :sad: As for the Huey, just like the fact it's not green :) .
Lone Modeller wrote:I can assure you that I am not beyond fudging things on my models - it is just that I have learned over the years how to conceal them, having had ample opportunity to practice!

Enjoy the process of building the model is what matters and then appreciate what you have done. This is a hobby at the end of the day so give it your best and we will do our best to encourage and support you.
Well said I think you'll be surprised how many fudges went on with the real size aircraft ;-)
wokka

Post by wokka »

I have the interior finished. The hardest part was trying to find the interior colours for an Italian built Carabinieri aircraft. Despite many searches on the internet I couldn't find anything apart from green Huey's. There was probably the odd Huey Green as well :lol:. So I've done as close to what I think Italeri intended but with Revell acrylics. The Instrument Panel is done with Eduard PE meant for a Kitty Hawk kit. The instruments aren't really accurate, e.g. I can't see a CWP on the PE but it does give a bit of detail to the inside. Everything is dry fit at the moment to make sure there are no nasty surprises later. I still have to fit the cabin roof though.

Yes, I know that green is garish but it's Italian, the land of fashion, exotic cars and things being different.

Edit, looking at the PE IP, it looks like it's for a twin engined aircraft, double row of gauges in the centre. Hope no one notices!
iggie

Post by iggie »

wokka wrote:
Edit, looking at the PE IP, it looks like it's for a twin engined aircraft, double row of gauges in the centre. Hope no one notices!
Yeah, I noticed that straightaway :shock:

Like heck I did, the I.P. looks great as does the rest of the interior :-D :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That is a great looking interior, Wokka and I doubt that any of us would have noticed the gauge issue - I wouldn't have noticed even if I'd been building the model :ha:

IPMS#12300
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

On my models they did not have banks of guages: in fact they had very few so I am blowed if I would have noticed them on yours!!!
wokka

Post by wokka »

OK, question for all the experts out there, I have to paint the perspex panels above the cockpit a clear green to simulate the green tint. What do I use?
iggie

Post by iggie »

Tamiya do a Clear Green, one coat should suffice :)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
wokka

Post by wokka »

Thanks for the info, I just have to find a supplier (in Germany).
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I agree with Jim's recommendation of Tamiya Clear Green as I've used it successfully myself on Sea King and Navy Lynx upper window panels.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Workbench Window”