The Mad House

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
MAD STEVE
Series 3 and Beyond

The Mad House

Post by MAD STEVE »

Morning Chaps...

I still have some pics to upload to the relevant sections, but I thought i'd show you whats laying around on the bench at the mo...

First up we have an Airfix Jackal. I have been very grown up with this one and actually airbrushed it :-D
It doesn't have very far to go so hopefully finished soon (started at christmas)

Next up, another one started at christmas that has stalled a bit... a Meng Renault FT17. Also have the Photo Etch set for this which is absolutely mind bending, but its on pause because I need to apply some thunkiness as to how to paint it. wont be easy to paint with the suspension & track units on, so Im thinking i need to paint the body first, then the tracks etc

Righty ho, onwards... next we have a Tamiya T34. I wanted to do a mini dio with loads of chaps hanging on to the tank, so i purchased this and the Russian assault infantry and the plan is to make a mini dio out of it.

lastly we have a Car!!! (look away if you are easily offended :ha: ) Aoshima's Sesto Elemento is slowly taking shape.Its taking so long because i'm adding Carbon Fibre decals that im doing without templates, so its quite a challenege

Okay, not quite lastly...
I have two ongoing projects that I tinker with every now and again,I call them my boredom breakers...
First one is a Trumpeter 1/16th T34/85

and the second a Pocher 8th scale 1933 Bugatti T50

And if i follow my normal MO, ill be starting 4 new kits pretty soon :roll:

Thanks for looking
Mad Steve
f-i-n-i-s-h a m-o-d-e-l... Hahahahahaaaaaaa
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: The Mad House

Post by iggie »

Lots going on! :-D I've got two kits on the go at present and that's 50% too many! :-D

So you're the person who bought a Pocher......I've never seen one in the flesh :shock:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Asoka

Post by Asoka »

Some really interesting and unusual projects in the works here... :grin:

As Iggie mentioned, you are indeed a brave Wookie Minion (Minion Wookie?), doing that Pocher! :lol:

Cheers!
Asoka
Skill, Patience and Humbrol, with a hairy stick!
MAD STEVE
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by MAD STEVE »

Well, considering that that is the sum total of nearly a year and a halfs work on the Pocher, I guess its going to be a sloooooow one :)

Actually, its just getting down and getting it done. They are absolutely fantastic kits, an enormous amount of work, but very fulfilling building them (this is 2nd one).

Mad Steve
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Welcome. Some very nice work being done here.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Indeed, you have some fine projects on the go here Steve even if a couple are c**s :ha: The military vehicles and in particular the T-34's make up for those though! Great stuff and welcome aboard.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Marek

Post by Marek »

Nice selection, Jackal looks pretty close to be finished.
MAD STEVE
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by MAD STEVE »

Morning Chaps

A small update then on whats going on the Mad Bench...
Firstly, the Pocher Bugatti has a wee bit more progress. I've started fitting the doors to the body and the body to the frame, which I have been told is not the funnest part of the whole build.

Next up we have another new one, its an American Sprint car from Revell. Never built one before and it looked kind of interesting so it was started as well...

One that was started waaaaay back and stalled a bit, a good old Trabant!. I didnt want to do just a boring old thing, that's why it stalled, so went on the intergoogle, found a fascinating site where people are hotting up old Trabant's and took inspiration from there. The images from the side are actually wall graffiti that I scaled down and made my own decals. Ive also added some resin sound equipment in place of the back seat.

Right then, last up, and hold on to your hats, one I've actually finished...
A Moebius 1952 Hudson Hornet Stock Car. I'm not a big fan of Stock Cars/Nascar etc, but this kit is a marvel and beautifully done. You need to go check them out, fantastic kits.

So the Madbench is now getting a bit crowded and I really need to get organised and finish off some of these builds, but that is probably all going to go to pot now because this has arrived :)

Hey, least I can say I tried... :)

Have a good day and thanks for looking

Mad Steve
iggie

Post by iggie »

Some interesting works in progress, and the completed stock car looks a treat!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
celt

Post by celt »

Some wonderful stuff Steve,but I can not manage more than one kit at a time,and then it goes in the bin most of the time. :sad:
Marek

Post by Marek »

... FV432 created the same mess on my workbench :). Nevertheless, the sheer amount of goodness on your bench is radiating happiness of the modeller. :)

Return to “Workbench Window”