The NEW Cave of Rudi B

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
RudiB
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

The NEW Cave of Rudi B

Post by RudiB »

Hello all, house move done and internet now up and running, our baby girl arrived a week before our moving date so it's all been a bit chaotic lately. Having said all that plans are well underway for my new cave and should hopefully have it resembling a workable space soon, its currently full of boxes that need unpacking into it but now I don't have to share it with the dreaded tumble dryer or worry about paint fumes worrying the neighbours! Will keep you all posted on the progress of the cave build!
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: The NEW Cave of Rudi B

Post by iggie »

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!
Hope you all get settled into your new home and it'll be gooid to see you back at the bench soon!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Wow, a house move and a new baby. Congratulations on the new arrival and maintaining your sanity 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Sounds like you had an exciting couple of weeks! Congrats
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Congratulations on the new cave, and your daughter. :grin:
Nigel
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Congrats on the birth of your daughter Rudi!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Congratulations on the new addition.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

A belated thanks to you all, our daughter is now just over 6 months old and we have all recovered from sleepless nights, it's been a long time and my output on the modelling front has amounted to zero since our house move, mostly as the cave has been a work in progress and all my modelling kit has still been in moving boxes, anyway here's the latest progress on my new cave, not majorly different in layout to the old cave, it's not bare brickwork which is great and now part of the house, only down side is that it is slightly smaller. I finally have some bench space for larger models and now I have my stash partly unpacked I'm contemplating some smaller builds in front of the TV in the evenings until I have more time for some serious builds in the future.I've really enjoyed looking at others build progress the last few months.Imageimage
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

It's been a while since I've been near any plastic and lately got itchy fingers to start building again I decided to get myself a mobile workbench in the form of a large 'really useful box' complete with Humbrol workstation, carry case of paint, filler, glue and various small clamps.

The first kit to suffer from my long break is the 1/72 TSR2, looks like a simple build to get my hand back into the model world.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Welcome back to the workbench :-D

I glad to hear your little girl is growing when will she build her first kit :-D

Good luck with the TSR2 it’s a beautiful a/c unfortunately the Airfix kit is not the easiest kit to build.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Hi Rudi, welcome back!
They do say with children it's just the first 18 years that are the worst....... personally I'd disagree :grin:

It's the first 25 :shock:

Good luck with the TSR2, as Alan says; great aircraft, not so much with the kit. :sad:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

Thanks gents, our daughter is doing great and crawling around everywhere and wants to chew anything she can hold on to, not sure about building with her yet though but I'm thinking about what I can build in the future, for now I think I'll stick to sofa forts and cardboard castles, lol.
Looks like I may have taken on some trouble with the TSR2 then, anything in particular I should look out for?
RudiB

Post by RudiB »

And I may have just added to my stash this morning, unfortunately a Red Arrows Gnat starter kit ended up in my trolley in Aldi, well for £3.99 I can't complain. That'll be next on the mobile workbench
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Here is the link to the TSR2 GB we had it must be one of the few GB’s when only one person finished :shock: http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=273
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

splash wrote:Here is the link to the TSR2 GB we had it must be one of the few GB’s when only one person finished :shock: http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=273
And then Photobucket stole all the pictures :shock: :evil:

If you want to see the in-progress shots of mine Rudi, give me a shout and I'll see if I can find them; they'll be on my PC somewhere.... :???: It's just quite where that will be the hard part! :grin:
Best wishes

Jim

Return to “Workbench Window”