pens

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
alecras234
Active Participant

pens

Post by alecras234 »

Hi i got my 1 48 spitfire out ready to paint inside the cockpit walls when i had a thought. Is there an acrylic paint i could paint on with a pen? it would be so much easier to paint little areas with a pen rather than setting paints out, getting brushes ready and then having to wash out the brushes.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: pens

Post by iggie »

Most hobby shops sell acrylic marker pens, mainly for glass and ceramic decorating. The problem is that they are generally only in primary type colours (e.g. Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, Purple & Black
Orange, Light Green, Light Blue, Pink, Indigo & Brown) and not the shades that modellers would generally use. That said, they may blend to produce different shades, but I doubt it would be too successful.
Details such as controls, instrumentation and the like can be picked out using a toothpick or cocktail stick dipped into the paint but not areas such as fuselage interiors.....Sorry!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Softscience
Staring out the window

Re: pens

Post by Softscience »

Tamiya and Model Master used to produce paint pens. But that was years and years ago. I doubt any are still available.

You could, in theory, spray a model with a primer coat, and then in essence, draw the colors on with prismacolor pencils, and seal with a clear coat. It would take terribly long though, and might not look all that great.

Return to “Workbench Window”