quick builds

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
alecras234
Active Participant

quick builds

Post by alecras234 »

I have bought a, airfix 1/48 scale spitfire but im finding the bits too fiddly, I cant use my hands very well as im disabled. Are there any kits that a quick and easy builds? I don't want to spend a long time assembling a cockpit-. What about the starter kits, are they a replica of say a spitfire ? I have built three planes, 2 spit and hurricane which were starter kits and put together easily and quickly. I'm pleased with how they look.
Ratch
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: quick builds

Post by Ratch »

All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
bassman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by bassman »

Try a kit from Pegasus. Scale is 1/48 and they snap together for most parts. Fit is near perfect. Each kit comes with a set of waterslide decals and a set self adhesive stickers. The Hurricane is one of Pegasus best models and painted the result is eye catching. https://www.aviationmegastore.com/hawke ... &art=77212;
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Hobbyboss 1/72 WW2 fighters are pretty basic and not many fiddly parts. They are virtually snap fit and pretty cheap.

You can also check out some of the snap tite kits by Revell & Monogram.
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

Should i keep building starter kits as there aren't many pieces to assemble?
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

The only difference with Starter Kits is that they are supplied with paints and only have one decal option, otherwise they are identical to the standard kits.
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

I have decided to stick with the starter sets. I shall buy one from Amazon but before i purchase a kit could you suggest how i can open those pots of paint that are supplied with the kit please? My right hand is more or less a fist, it wont open, i use it to support pieces. I had tried placing the pot of paint in my fist and use my left hand to pull the lid open but the paint either went everywhere or the pot slid out of my hand.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Can you hold a pair of pliers in your right hand?
If so put the pit in the circular grip section and use your left hand to flip the top
If not, can you describe how much or little movement you have in the right hand and I'll experiment further
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

no it's the same mate only the pliers hold the pot firmly but i'm using so much energy to open the lid with my left hand that paint fly's out. The only reason i won't buy starter sets is because of the paint pots, if there was a way that i could open the lids without paint going all over me then i'd be a happy modeler.

Return to “Workbench Window”