tracks

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
alecras234
Active Participant

tracks

Post by alecras234 »

Hi im trying to stick one end of a tank track as it broke and came away, im having problems posting an image of it as this site is saying too many pixels, what do i do?
Michael modeller 48

Re: tracks

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Hi,

Which monitor size did you choose? I use 17 inch. Try to upload the photo using a small size.
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

Hi alecras234,

It may be that your picture's file size is too large. The forum photo hosting software only allows for pictures which are 1024 pixels wide. Here is what I do.

I work on a PC with Windows 10. I open the "Paint" application. Then I open my picture file. Once the file is open, look at the bar on top of the page where your "Paint" options are. In the second set of icons you will see the "select" tool. To the right of that, you will see "resize". Click on this. A second window will open up. Click on the "pixel" circle. Now type in your pixel desired pixel amount (1024; 800; 500; whatever you want your picture resized to) and click "Okay". Save your picture and now you should be able to post it on the forum.

I don't know if this helps any. If not, hopefully someone else will have an answer for you.

All the best,

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
alecras234
Active Participant

Post by alecras234 »

Thank you, here is my tank with the broken track, how do i fix this please?

iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Those tracks can be difficult to glue; ordinary cement or glue for plastic models won't work as it is the wrong type of plastic and the glue won't weld or melt it.
If you have any 'super-glue' then that should work, or try bringing the join to the middle of the tank (i.e halfway along the length of the tank) and use a small stapler to join the two ends. You can also use a hot screwdriver end to melt the tracks together but I don't think that will be a suitable method for you

It won't be easy and I suspect you'll end up snapping a few wheels off along the way I'm afraid.
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Can you please PLEASE, post threads in the correct section. Do not keep starting new threads in Workbench. The workbench section is one thread per member for general updates of their build progress, just create an alecras234 Workbecnh thread and keep posting to that.

There is a section for aircraft build and another for AFV (tanks) etc if you want separate threads
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “Workbench Window”