Celts cave

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Celts cave

Post by celt »

iggie wrote:Love the Lightning and Spitfire Ken; very nice work on both.
I hope all goes well with your wife's care and that you are soon able to make time to get back to your bench
ShaunW wrote:I see no butchery of kits here, Ken, only some excellent builds. Hope all goes well for your wife.
PTB11 wrote:Really nice work. Hope your wifes treatment goes well.
Hi all thanks for the kind words chaps,much appreciated.
Regards
Ken.
celt

Post by celt »

Hi all its been awhile since I posted anything and since my last post I have dabbled in 1/48 scale,the two models I have butchered so far are an Academy Spitfire and a Hobbycraft Sea Fury.The chap at a modelling club I go to gave these kits to me to practice on,according to him they were basic kits to start me off on my 1/48 journey.Anyway the Spitfire went without a hitch until the decaling stage,I tipped a hot cup of tea all over the decal sheet.Being 1/48 scale meant I had no spares so the model was soaked in brake fluid overnight and then repai nted H11 and a spurious scheme made from the biggest 1/72 decals I had.As is my usual all paints are acrylic and slapped on with the biggest stick I had.

celt

Post by celt »

My next model was the Hobbycraft Sea Fury,now as a hairy stick user sky is a bugger to paint and my LMS did not have H23 in a rattle in stock so I searched the interthingy for ideas.It seems the Cubans used them and an all over green machine was fairly widely pictured so thats what I decided to do.The Fury is painted and glossed awaitng decals.Sorry no pics as yet.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Excellent recovery on the Spitfire Ken! The paint finish looks very smooth indeed
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
celt

Post by celt »

iggie wrote:Excellent recovery on the Spitfire Ken! The paint finish looks very smooth indeed
Thanks iggie.
celt

Post by celt »

Sea Fury pics pre decals.

chrism

Post by chrism »

Everything looks OK from here. Keep on dabbling a bit
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

No more tea for you :ha:
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
PTB11

Post by PTB11 »

That Spitfire is excellent, celt. Great save, the scheme looks fantastic.
The Sea Fury is coming along great. Very nice brush painting indeed.
Nice to see you back BTW
Regards, Paddy.

On The Bench
Fujimi 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Spitfire looks OK to me. You going Cuban for the Fury?
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

That Spitfire looks terrific but I am really taken by that Sea Fury. Great choice of scheme.

David
celt

Post by celt »

Hi,chrism,Ratch,PTB11,JamesPerrin and dwomby,thanks for the kind words,I am no longer going to drink tea while decaling and I got Cuban decals tonight from a modelling friend and its good to be ruining perfectly good plastic again.One thing that I have got to get used to building 1/48 kits,is how much paint the things use up when compared to my usual 1/72.The price of 1/48 kits is not that much more than 1/72 because I only buy second hand kits,not my choice of subjects but its better than not modelling at all.I hope to start decalling tomorrow afternoon,so hopefully more pics soon.
Regards
celt.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

A nice pair of builds Celt. I see you've marked the Spit with an OK registration. You prefer these to Hurricanes now? :)

Nigel
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I agree that it's best you avoid tea while modelling. ........stick to beer ;-)

Seriously though Ken, nice recovery on the Spit and the Fury looks really good in the overall green. If you need any spare decals in the future just pop something in the Wants and Needs section. I've got a drawer full of spares and I'm sure I'm not alone on the forum with so many leftovers.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
celt

Post by celt »

Clashcityrocker wrote:A nice pair of builds Celt. I see you've marked the Spit with an OK registration. You prefer these to Hurricanes now? :)

Nigel
Wash your mouth out with soap!!!! :razz: The Hurricane still rocks.Thanks for the kind words regarding my feeble efforts.
Dazzled wrote:I agree that it's best you avoid tea while modelling. ........stick to beer ;-)

Seriously though Ken, nice recovery on the Spit and the Fury looks really good in the overall green. If you need any spare decals in the future just pop something in the Wants and Needs section. I ve got a drawer full of spares and I'm sure I'm not alone on the firum with so many leftovers.
Tea is now banned from the model area :razz: It did not occur to me to post in the wants and needs section for spare decals :oops: Thanks for the kind comments.
Regards
celt

Return to “Workbench Window”