decals

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
alecras234
Active Participant

decals

Post by alecras234 »

Hi i want to put decals on my tank but im not sure what to do, i don't want to tear the decals with not knowing what im doing. I have humbrol decalfix which i brush onto the model after wetting the decal first, then i slide the decal onto the decalfix that i brushed onto the model, but it sticks straight away, i can't slide the decal into position.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: decals

Post by iggie »

Use plenty of decalfix (water will do if the decal is going onto a flat surface) so that when you slide the decal off the backing paper it is going into a small puddle.
It helps if you can position the model so the surface onto which the decal is being placed is level (so the decalfix and/or water doesn't run off) and then there is plenty of liquid to prevent the decal sticking straight away.
Once you have the decal in place, use a small piece of tissue or kitchen towel to soak up some, but not all, of the liquid, making sure the decal stays in place as you do so. Finally pat the decal down with the wet tissue/paper so that any liquid trapped underneath it comes out, and then leave to dry while you do the others, being careful not to dislodge it when you handle the model!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “Workbench Window”