My bench runneth over

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
Barry
Modelling Gent and Scholar

My bench runneth over

Post by Barry »

In the center is a Model Art Decal System Broussard, clockwise, a Valom Navion (can't decide on a paint scheme), Shark Kit Bell X-14, Hasegawa F-104G (will be NASA), Revell F-104C (will be Puerto Rico Air Guard). AirModel VFW 614, and Matchbox T2C Buckeye. Not shown are the Mach2 Martin WB-57F, Bandai YS-11 and Sword Kit FJ2 Fury. I need for the local-ish shops to reopen so I can get some paint, except for the FJ-2. I've got Alclad, so I could finish that one.

2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: My bench runneth over

Post by PaulBradley »

Yikes, that's quite the bench-full!!

Are you able to mail order some paints from your local hobby store? Mine in PHX does that - I'm waiting for him to get the Airfix Tiger Moth in....
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Crashpilot
...happily fooling around with styrene

Post by Crashpilot »

Barry wrote:In the center is a Model Art Decal System Broussard, clockwise, a Valom Navion (can't decide on a paint scheme), Shark Kit Bell X-14, Hasegawa F-104G (will be NASA), Revell F-104C (will be Puerto Rico Air Guard). AirModel VFW 614, and Matchbox T2C Buckeye. Not shown are the Mach2 Martin WB-57F, Bandai YS-11 and Sword Kit FJ2 Fury. I need for the local-ish shops to reopen so I can get some paint, except for the FJ-2. I've got Alclad, so I could finish that one.

you´re not alone - my bench is too crowded, too
Waiting for the day, when wars for territory will be something to be read about in history books only.

Playing Tetris taught me: If I clean up too much, my kits disappear.....8-(

Markus, alias Crashpilot, or Crash, or CP, as you wish
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Some great models there. I am especially in awe of that VFW614. Airmodel vac, eh? How was that to build?

David
Barry

Post by Barry »

Not for beginners David. Fuselage moldings should be cylindrical in cross section but were too wide. I removed strips along the centerline to make them more nearly so, but could only go so far or the 'canopy' would have been impossible to fit. Also, the bulkheads and floors were way to small. Gluing them to one side left a 1/4+ inch gap on the other. Thing is...I actually like doing all that.
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Barry wrote:Not for beginners David. Fuselage moldings should be cylindrical in cross section but were too wide. I removed strips along the centerline to make them more nearly so, but could only go so far or the 'canopy' would have been impossible to fit. Also, the bulkheads and floors were way to small. Gluing them to one side left a 1/4+ inch gap on the other. Thing is...I actually like doing all that.
Thanks. I occasionally pull out my Airmodel Varsity and Pembroke and Valleta conversion (uses Wellington wings from a donor kit) and promptly put them away again!

David
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ya just gotta dive right in and have at it David. The thought goes like this: What do I want..
what have I got...What do I have to do with what I've got to make it look like what I want? Cut, splice, fill, sand. Repeat as necessary until it's ready for paint.
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

This is a great lineup of subjects! Good to see someone who will tackle whatever medium necessary. That Bell has me intrigued. I wasn't aware of its existence. That's one wacky bus.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yes it is. A one off test bed, it is one of SharkKits earliest offerings and is very rough. I had recently built their Buggatti racer, which is a real gem, and was surprised by the difference.

Return to “Workbench Window”