Brickie's Hod

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Re: Brickie's Hod

Post by Brickie »

I only stuck him in there because the cockpit was very sparse and the canopy didn't pose closed very easily. I'll see if I can jemmy him out.

Otherwise I can claim he's a professional jockey turned fighter pilot. It's a what-if after all...
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Post by Brickie »

OK, here's the Nieuport. Not perfect, but I'm reasonably happy with my first biplane - though I will try and do 1/48 ones in future as I'd forgotten just how teeny they are!

And one against white paper for a closeup look at the rigging. A bit baggy on the side, and I've just noticed I seem to have broken a spar in the process...

"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Brickie wrote:I only stuck him in there because the cockpit was very sparse and the canopy didn't pose closed very easily. I'll see if I can jemmy him out.

Otherwise I can claim he's a professional jockey turned fighter pilot. It's a what-if after all...

I also believe the Midgetopian Air Service uses similar markings to those of the RAF. :-D
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by celt »

Brickie wrote:Also just finished, one for the what-iffers - apparently in January 1940 the Air Ministry ordered 600 Reggiane Re.2000 fighters and 300 Caproni Ca.313 recon-bombers from Italy. Germany approved the order in March, but withdrew approval in April. The British and Italian governments spent some time trying to fulfil the order through Caproni's Portuguese subsidiary before the Italian declaration of war in June put paid to the whole thing.

So here's a Smer Reggiane Re.2000 finished in RAF markings with the AASF, France 1940.

That back story is almost believable,The Re.2000 is good,Mareo and Luigi, well tidy.

Return to “Workbench Window”