Marek's even bigger black hole

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
billyb_imp
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Re: Marek's even bigger black hole

Post by billyb_imp »

Some fine work here Marak, that Skyraider looks special
A start on my first kit a Hawker Hurricane as been made, a spitfire awaits in the wings and thinking about models to come.

Modelling space in shed coming along nicely.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

A nice set of interesting builds Marek. I'm especially waiting to see your JP come together as I have the old Airfix one on the go. I have also applied the white/red/grey RAF trainer scheme and the masking took ages!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Marek »

ShaunW wrote:A nice set of interesting builds Marek. I'm especially waiting to see your JP come together as I have the old Airfix one on the go. I have also applied the white/red/grey RAF trainer scheme and the masking took ages!
Tell me about masking :), it takes extra long since you really want to rub everything sealed because it is hard to repair white on red bleed etc. but the JP is such a rewarding subject that 'who cares' attitude with respect to your time is on. :)
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

Lovely variety of projects on the go!

Cheers,

David
gbrwn56
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by gbrwn56 »

Nice varied work on the go there, thanks for sharing.
George B.
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Congratulations to you and your family. This is going to be a wonderful new chapter in your lives! Enjoy every moment because before you know it she'll be all grown up.
My best to you and the family
Greg
Marek

Post by Marek »

dollar19 wrote:Congratulations to you and your family. This is going to be a wonderful new chapter in your lives! Enjoy every moment because before you know it she'll be all grown up.
My best to you and the family
Greg
Greg, thank You!!!! She is 6 now and already doing some models with me from time to time :)
Marek

Post by Marek »

Some work done to bring SHAR closer to completion:
decalled, glossed with Aqua Gloss, I left it for two days for the gloss to cure. After around two days I put on a wash (light grey) using UMP concrete wash. Next, I will, for the first time for me, use a delicate sand paper to scrub off what wash was left on the model. I will have to first experiment a bit with this as I have spent too much time on this one already for it to fly into a trashcan.

dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Looking the part quite nicely! We will not have any trash can flying with this one.
I about gave my F-4 the heave last week. So I know the feeling, I'm sure all will turn out fine.

Greg
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one, Marek. Weathering aircraft is something I always put off. My own Sea Harrier build is waiting in the wings whilst I finish off my builds for this year's IPMS show at Telford. Weathering the overall grey to stop the model looking too one dimensional is something that I want to look at, so I'll be keeping an eye on your build to see if I can pick up some tips!

IPMS#12300
Marek

Post by Marek »

Sanding was not bat at all, even though I went light on it and results are light as well. Used a 2400 grit, trying to sand more inside panels.

Attached all antennae, pitot tube, the 'electronic' wind indicator :) and all other strange bits. Since what comes with the kit originally is more along the lines of nudging your imagination toward real airframe than providing materials to do this, I have sourced the bits from spare PE parts ranging from ... SU-100 to old defunct Swordfish.

While working on the PE, I had a freak instance that once again showed me how important protection is; I was filing one of the antennae and it just sprang right in a direction of my eye. If I had not have glasses on (I would have safety glasses on anyway) it would be a part of my eyeball now. KEEP SAFE GUYS.

I also managed to put the patient on its legs. The main part needed to be shortened by about 2-3 mm for the machine to touch the ground with all 4 points.

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nicely done Marek, I like that a lot. It is easy to forget safety when modelling and cutting stuff is particularly hazardous - thankfully you didn't end up with a trip to the local ER!

IPMS#12300
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

I couldn't agree more!
PGAS
Active Participant

Post by PGAS »

Nice Harrier Marek. I really like the light panel lines. Works very well with the dark grey paint scheme. Still enjoy watching your Provost and Skyraider.

I hate to think of the pain of PE in the eye. Funny how it heads straight for the carpet monster or your eyes!
Paul

This is it. The moment we should have trained for.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Nicely done. Great pics too.

Nigel

Return to “Workbench Window”