Motleys Madness Again

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
Motley
Active Participant

Re: Motleys Madness Again

Post by Motley »

So heres my recent work, very slow build rate at the moment, first ive got a 1/144 Minicraft B-29A on the go, this ones going to be marked up as a Washington in RAF service. So faar ive glued the wings and fuselarge together. Just need to stick the engines on and the wings and then it will be time to paint :)

Second ive been slowly working on my 1/100 Tamiya B.A.C Lightning, painted the pit and doen up the fuselarge and the wings are now attached, all thst left really is abit of paint all over :)

So much for going to a larger scale as i said in my last post :roll:

Enjoy :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Nice work and fast (well fast by my standards :roll: ) I've got a 1/144 B-17 in the same paint scheme on my bench right now. I also recently built a 1/144 B29 but in Olive green dress. Have several more in the stash. Great looking aircraft.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Dirkpitt289 wrote: I also recently built a 1/144 B29 but in Olive green dress. Have several more in the stash. Great looking aircraft.
I remembered that you did while i was putting mine together and was going to go look at your build but never did and ill agree with you it is a nice looking aircraft and itll look even better with some nice roundels on it :ha:
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Little update on the Washington, managed to get the engines stuck on and then can the undersides of the wings and fuselarge a layer of black, bit of an interesting pattern along the side rather straight lines like on a lancaster

Hopefully ill get the rest of it painted tomorrow, then on with the clear parts and decals and this one will be done :)
IrishAir
Active Participant

Post by IrishAir »

That was a common pattern on B-29s, I believe the one in Duxford sports the same scheme.

Cheers,
Paul
There's always room for improvement...... and I got plenty of space to fill
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

IrishAir wrote:That was a common pattern on B-29s, I believe the one in Duxford sports the same scheme.

Cheers,
Paul
It has i was looking through my pictures from Duxford after painting it for references and it has, much perferre it to straight lines for some reason :)
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Update time again, had abit of a slow month my will to build seems to be all over the place at the moment, that was till the Blitzs came along and sorted that out :ha: , got the B-29 done now,

Some more pictures can be found here: http://uamf.org.uk./viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1727;

Ive also managed to finish my failed Blitz, of the Revell Hurricane, through doing an hour here and there when i could over the last few days, really pleased with the finally plane,

Some more pictures can be found here: http://uamf.org.uk./viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1728;

Another one ive got on the go is the Airfix Red Arrows Hawk, i built the plain Hawk awhile ago and i have to say it is a lovely little model so loved putting this one together. As it stands its all painted up and just need the decals putting on which is going to be interesting, seeing i dont like decals much :ha:

Now i just need something out of my stash to start building,

Hmmmmmmmm what to build :)

Return to “Workbench Window”