The Vulcan Foundry

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
English Electric
Getting well comfy!

The Vulcan Foundry

Post by English Electric »

As I mentioned before I'm currently building CBK's for my sons bedroom ceiling (OK, he's only 17 months old but hey, it's fun). This seemed a good way to relax following the Frogspawn Ventura, which has nearly become airborne of its own volition several times, and is still not finished! Anyway...

So far complete are a Matchbox Hurricane IIC, Frog Spitfire V, Novoexport/Frog Typhoon (bubble top - quite possibly the worst kit I've ever dealt with), Airfix Dogfight doubles Me110 & Spitfire IX, with the Frog Stuka, Novo/Frog Gannet and the Frog Tempest V to follow. As the Frog Tempest V's about to get started it's worth a quick look... :-D sunglasses on everyone...

I do believe it's a 'Lutch' remould - the pics don't do it justice, it's in bright salmon mousse coloured plastic with mould trees like this everywhere...

sink marks, a hare lipped intake (really) and if you look at the canopy it appears to be wearing a slipper. Wish me luck... for the truly masochistic here's the box art and logo on the plans...

Then, a few other beauties... next up Frog's P-38, dug out after seeing Merlin's Matchbox/Airfix build from back in the day - once again sunglasses on everybody

It also features an intriguing fillet where the cockpit joins the wing

Finally, my build for Paul's SAMI column...

A true Airfix gem... and the 'immediate build' stash

Watch this space...

C
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: The Vulcan Foundry

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

WOW, those seem to be some really old kits
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Stamford
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Stamford »

Nice work on the ceiling decorations. The boxart for the p38 is err....special.
running at the edge of their world
English Electric
Getting well comfy!

Post by English Electric »

There's certainly some oldies in there, like the little LS 'Willow' and a few you can't see tucked away! All good stuff though, and hopefully enough to keep me occupied for a bit longer!! :D

Gave the Lightning a going over last night - it was still sealed - and sad to say, the mould on this one has really suffered. I suspect that at some point it's gone rusty, because like several ex-Frog kits I've seen it's got what's best described as scabies, meaning the surface feels like orange peel in some parts! Saying that, the clear part's well-defined enough, but the whole thing's going to take a lot of work to get a half decent looking kit!

I'll take some pics later

C

Return to “Workbench Window”