Carpet monster tales

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
vacant
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Carpet monster tales

Post by vacant »

Several months ago, I found a piece I had lost, presumably dropped on the carpet. I could not find it at the time so I gave up and scratch built a replacement. Weeks later, I found it in the back garden. It had found its way out of my hobby playroom, through an entrance room, through a back room, through the kitchen and out into the garden.

A week or so ago while building the Whirlwind, one of the tail rotors broke off and presumably dropped on the carpet. It was nowhere to be found, so I made a replacement. This morning while walking up the stairs, i.e., out of my playroom, through a corridor, then up the stairs, I spied a small grey piece of plastic. I picked it up and saw that it was the missing rotor.

The only explanation that makes sense is that both items had become lodged in my clothes, perhaps in a pullover, then dropped off. There is no way that any small piece of plastic can fall to the carpet then bounce and be carried by a draft to a location several rooms away and beyond. Or can it?

There is a message here with regard to trying to find a small piece on a carpet, i.e. give your clothes a thorough checkout first.
iggie

Re: Carpet monster tales

Post by iggie »

Or, it could mean that carpet monsters are no longer as territorial as they once were and that they can move between rooms :shock:
It's a bit like Daleks being able to negotiate stairs now... 😮😮
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I lost the nose probe from a Matchbox Harrier in the grey looped carpet I had in my room as a child. I found it several years later in said carpet not even bent. Heaven knows how many times that patch of carpet had been walked on and vacuumed.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

iggie wrote: September 18th, 2021, 6:57 pm Or, it could mean that carpet monsters are no longer as territorial as they once were and that they can move between rooms :shock:
It's a bit like Daleks being able to negotiate stairs now... 😮😮
This is a game-changer.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Return to “Workbench Window”