Stuart’s ‘All New’ Backseat Blunders II

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Stuart’s ‘All New’ Backseat Blunders II

Post by celt »

Well tidy Hellcat,well tidy indeed.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

celt wrote:Well tidy Hellcat,well tidy indeed.
Thanks Celt!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
celt

Post by celt »

Hi Sir T, do you prefer using acrylics or do you miss the enamels. I prefer the enamels but can not use them now because of my wife's illness,I am really struggling to find an acrylic range that works. :frown:
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

celt wrote:Hi Sir T, do you prefer using acrylics or do you miss the enamels. I prefer the enamels but can not use them now because of my wife's illness,I am really struggling to find an acrylic range that works. :frown:
Hi Celt - Don't worry chap, I'm not ignoring your question, I've just not had the time yet to answer it properly.

celt

Post by celt »

Sir T wrote:
celt wrote:Hi Sir T, do you prefer using acrylics or do you miss the enamels. I prefer the enamels but can not use them now because of my wife's illness,I am really struggling to find an acrylic range that works. :frown:
Hi Celt - Don't worry chap, I'm not ignoring your question, I've just not had the time yet to answer it properly.
Thanks Sir T, I am really struggling with acrylics,between the paint problems and my useless hand I am falling out of love with this hobby. :sad:
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Crumbs it's almost August!

No update from me as such, I'm on hols at the moment in the Wilds of Northumbria (wonderful place - Already booked the Cottage again for next year) and as such have no bench. However I have been reading Mike Grants excellent 'Circuit and Bumps' books AND catching up on the threads on UAMF - and thanks to all that inspiration the MOJO is well up thanks to all that inspiration!

Looking forward to cracking on with something!

Cheers

Stuart

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Good to hear that you're having a great time up there Stuart. Northumberland is full of history and has that wild, almost frontier feel to it.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

ShaunW wrote:Good to hear that you're having a great time up there Stuart. Northumberland is full of history and has that wild, almost frontier feel to it.
Thanks Shaun - It's a great place and I agree with the frontier feeling - It's certainly got that - It makes you feel for the poor sods posted to Hadrian's wall 1700 odd years ago.

I did get sort of close to modelling yesterday - I worked through a bottle of Spitfire Kentish Ale whilst sitting in the garden enjoying the veiw of the moor :-D

Cheers!

Stuart

gnomemeansgnome

Post by gnomemeansgnome »

That ale sounds pretty good. I wonder if we can get that here in the Colonies. If you drink five of them does that make you a beer ace, I wonder?
Ego no habeo consilium.

ICBM = Insatiable Collector and Builder of Models
Sunray
Active Participant

Post by Sunray »

Stuart love the Wildcat, in fact I want one now.

Glad to see you are enjoying Northumberland. Loads of places to see, Cragside, Bamburgh Castle, Alnwick Castle, Kielder, Hadrians Wall, Holy Island just to name a few. Plus you'll enjoy the lovely weather we have up here on the "North East Riviera". The sun does pop out every now and then. Joking aside I have lived up in the North East for nearly 30 years & it is a lovely part of the country and there are loads of cracking pubs. You are right it does have the frontier feel.

If you are going home via the A1 on at the weekend there is a model show on at the National Railway Museum at Shildon near Bishop Auckland (DL4 2RE). Parking & entry are free.

Enjoy yourself mate.
Cheers
Ian

Please click on the web link below to have a look at all my photo's.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ecirpnai/albums
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Sunray wrote:Stuart love the Wildcat, in fact I want one now.

Glad to see you are enjoying Northumberland. Loads of places to see, Cragside, Bamburgh Castle, Alnwick Castle, Kielder, Hadrians Wall, Holy Island just to name a few. Plus you'll enjoy the lovely weather we have up here on the "North East Riviera". The sun does pop out every now and then. Joking aside I have lived up in the North East for nearly 30 years & it is a lovely part of the country and there are loads of cracking pubs. You are right it does have the frontier feel.

If you are going home via the A1 on at the weekend there is a model show on at the National Railway Museum at Shildon near Bishop Auckland (DL4 2RE). Parking & entry are free.

Enjoy yourself mate.
Alas when I first read this I was packing the car up to go home on our 2nd Friday :cry:

I can see why you love the place, it was wonderful - We did a lot of the moor-land, the coast, most of the Castles, Holy Island, Jarrow & the wall. We all had a great time and even the weather was great (even when raining) - I miss it already - Everything seems so damn crowded down south.

We stayed in a village called Longframlington near Morporth (lovely little town) and My wife has already found a great looking cottage for sale up there. If it wasn't for the kids schools I'd jump at it.

What's the work situation like in Newcastle etc - Is there much manufacturing?

Cheers and thanks for the well wishes - You're a lucky man!

Stuart

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

gnomemeansgnome wrote:That ale sounds pretty good. I wonder if we can get that here in the Colonies. If you drink five of them does that make you a beer ace, I wonder?
I don't know if it made me an Ace, but I had a good go :-D

iggie

Post by iggie »

Sir T wrote:
gnomemeansgnome wrote:That ale sounds pretty good. I wonder if we can get that here in the Colonies. If you drink five of them does that make you a beer ace, I wonder?
A very nice drop of ale is that Spitfire. As the saying goes....... :-D :-D

Interestingly, I had a couple of points of Lancaster Bomber on Saturday night; lovely stuff!!

We like Northumberland very much and were in Bamburgh earlier this year. The walk along the beach from there to Seahouses and back is wonderful
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Sir T wrote:
Geben Sie Mir eine Staffel Spitfeuer :ha:
Up in the Great White North
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

iggie wrote:
Sir T wrote:
A very nice drop of ale is that Spitfire. As the saying goes....... :-D :-D

Interestingly, I had a couple of points of Lancaster Bomber on Saturday night; lovely stuff!!

We like Northumberland very much and were in Bamburgh earlier this year. The walk along the beach from there to Seahouses and back is wonderful
Loved that beach - we went there 3 times over the holiday and my Son especially loved it, he's become a real beach boy.

Lancaster beer - I'll have to try that.

Return to “Workbench Window”