Eaglewall's Table Top Navy

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Eaglewall's Table Top Navy

Post by JamesPerrin »

Doing some googling and came across a book dedicated to Eaglewall's 1/1200 ship series
http://tabletopnavy.com/?page_id=2;

Also check out the homepage for an informative post about Pyro use of Eaglewall's moulds.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
crocheron
starter kit

Re: Eaglewall's Table Top Navy

Post by crocheron »

Just read this book. The 1/1200 ship collector will want it. Color pages picturing the Eagle issues,info on color changes,variations and the issues which used the same mold,lots of info here,and the Pyro tie in.
Also nice history of a fairly obscure company,early ads listed by date where known on Eagle/Eaglewall.
The airplanes are mentioned at the beginning since they came first,and tables in back listing what was issued by Vulcan,Eaglewall,Eagle.Also mentioned the planes not issued,like the Ju-88 I always looked for!
Hard cover and it was$59.99 US,so if no interest in ships maybe think on wheher it is worth it. Finally in the back the other Eagle kits are listed,the guns(Pyro issues),the Design a Plane and other kits.
Chuck E
Established 1949

Re: Eaglewall's Table Top Navy

Post by Chuck E »

I have dozens of these kits and the book looks really good, but it's not cheap is it. I'll try the library first. Books like this keep turning up in discount shops. Maybe I'll wait.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “Publications”