Airfix Yearbook 2016

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
airjim
Sprue Teaser

Re: Airfix Yearbook 2016

Post by airjim »

I had been looking forward to seeing this publication and it just hit the local book seller here in town. Sadly, the US price is $20 and after a quick flip it went back on the shelf. Just too expensive for what is mostly a catalogue with a few build articles and a few historical pieces.

Jim
Read my inane modeling writings at:
http://ascalecanadian.com
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

I caved and bought one. It's OK, but not worth the $20 I paid. I do wonder why mags from Britain are just SO expensive over here - with the exchange rate so poor nowadays, they ought to be a lot less. $20 is about 14 quid in old money.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I popped into my LMS and they gave me a small Airfix 2016 catalog it's about A5 size 72 pages and full of great detail, the best thing was as it had no barcode only the catalog code of A78193 they were giving them out free :-D

My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

The Dealers' order form shows the catalogues as selling for £9.99 and the leaflets being supplied in packs of 10 for free distribution.

The £9.99 is a mistake and there is no 'free' leaflet. The A5 catalogue is being supplied in packs of 10. The first batch are for the dealers' use and are free for them. The second batch will have £3 and 4 Euros on the cover and are intended for resale.

The ones on eBay are obviously ones from a dealer's first batch!

A little confusing, but at least we have a catalogue.

jezbrook

Return to “Publications”