SAMi Views?

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

SAMi Views?

Post by Martin R »

Hi folks,

I have subscribed to SAMi for a number of years, and submitted articles to it both directly abnd via Mr Bradley's Classic Plastic feature, so its fair to say I have some emotional attachment to it. However, over the last year or so historical or profile content now appears to have been deemphasised, with build and review articles predominating. Personally, this doesn't do it for me, so I think my subscription money will go elsewhere in future.

I am aware that the editor can only publish what is submitted, but at the moment, the only precedents for potential contributors would be build / review articles.

Anyone else noticed a difference (whether positive or negative) or is it just me?

Regards

Martin
Eric Mc

Re: SAMi Views?

Post by Eric Mc »

I too feel it is somewhat lesser than it used to be.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Me too. I'm a former subscriber and, although I may buy a copy very occasionally, can find little in the magazine to encourage me to take up another subscription. As you say Martin the historic and classic content seems to have been dropped. I'm particularly disappointed that the Classic Plastic section seems to have gone.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

I haven't gone yet, Daz - we decided I should go bi-monthly due to a drop off in contributions recently, especially from my own desk. Life had been getting in the way for some of my regulars. Once the articles start rolling in again, we could look at resuming a monthly column. If anyone has articles they'd like to send me, please drop me a PM.

BTW, please don't feel constrained in your replies to this query, everyone, just because I'm part of the SAMi Team - constructive criticism is always welcome.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I haven't forgotten the Jet Provost build Paul and as soon as Telford is over and done I will finally get round to it!! As a bonus there might also be a Hawk based on the old Airfix kit!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Nice! I look forward to them!
Paul

Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

I'd like to do another article too (after my X-15 last year). However, due to work and too many holidays :), my model productivity has slowed right down over the past few months. And, at the moment, the projects on the production line wouldn't really qualify as "Classics".

Hopefully, I'l start something nice and old before too long.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

No worries, Eric - been the same with me recently, too. I look forward to seeing your latest works.
Paul

Return to “Publications”