"Plany Modelarskie" - a publishing house from Poland.

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
Przemek
Active Participant

"Plany Modelarskie" - a publishing house from Poland.

Post by Przemek »

I know that we choose literature not only thematically, but also written in a language that we know and understand. In the "Plany Modelarskie" publishing house this problem is hmmm... negligible;)
"Plany Modelarskie" (Modeler's Plans) was a bimonthly magazine that appeared in Poland in the years 1965 - 1989. Each issue contained several (4-12) pages of high-quality plans, drawings of details and photographs. A1 pages. There were sailing ships, tugboats, civilian ships, warships, tanks, aircraft, RC models, gliders and other...
I have a dozen or so numbers. I buy when I go to an antiquarian shop or on the internet. Prices - sometimes as much as a good chocolate, sometimes as much as a good bottle with equally good content.
If you can read technical drawings, then ignorance of the Polish language will not be a problem.

Sea tug "Ares":
Image Image Image Image Image
Hawker Typhoon/Tempest
Image Image
Dakota / Li-2
Image Image Image Image
Japan torpedo cruiser "Kitakami":
Image Image Image

And a small competition! :)
Two questions:
What a nation designed an armed iron, and told him to swim :-D
And how the "iron" was called.
A virtual handshake, or if someone is stubborn, I will send him a postcard :)

Image Image Image Image

I recommend this publishing your memory! It's worth taking a look!
Przemek
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: "Plany Modelarskie" - a publishing house from Poland.

Post by PaulBradley »

Very interesting, Przemek. Those Tempest plans look very nice.

Is that the Rodney/Nelson?
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
59North
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by 59North »

That appears to have been very useful, interesting publication. Sad that these type of book has gone the way of the dinosaur. I prefer the hard copy over the internet.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Ah, we all had those available back then -- 40's thru 80's -- Aeromodeller, RAF Flying Review, Model Airplane News were the ones of my youth.
Sad they are gone, replaced by weathering & shading techniques ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Przemek
Active Participant

Post by Przemek »

PaulBradley wrote:Very interesting, Przemek. Those Tempest plans look very nice. Is that the Rodney/Nelson?
Paul! You are great! That's right - it's HMS Rodney. My congratulations!!!!
59North wrote:That appears to have been very useful, interesting publication. Sad that these type of book has gone the way of the dinosaur. I prefer the hard copy over the internet.
jRatz wrote:Ah, we all had those available back then -- 40's thru 80's -- Aeromodeller, RAF Flying Review, Model Airplane News were the ones of my youth.
Sad they are gone, replaced by weathering & shading techniques ....
These publication remind us that once there was no internet, that we could ever dream about newspapers from behind an iron curtain ... And then it turned out that these editions were not so bad that the plans are compatible with the originals ...
It is interesting that many plans were made on the basis of shipbuilding drawings, based on drawings made by pre-war engineers, or - like Bartel's planes - by the constructor himself.
Today it is difficult to even take advantage of these plans, because they occupy half of the table. Maybe I will do a good photocopying, frame it and hang it on the wall?
tal
starter kit

Post by tal »

i am hoping some were out in the model World that some one has a Modelarskie, 41 that they are willing to share, it is a beautiful ship, that i would very much like to build, i am in the UK my email tony682@btinternet.com

Return to “Publications”