Military in Scale is dead.

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
David J Ross
Series 3 and Beyond

Military in Scale is dead.

Post by David J Ross »

Just spotted this over at Missing-Lynx... http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/me ... le-+Closed;
:sad:
http://david-j-ross.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Military in Scale is dead.

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

That's a shame - I always liked MIS because of the blend of aircraft, armor, etc. They ran a great series years ago on Silver Wings.

Now to go figure how many issues I had left .... sigh ...
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

That's a real shame...while I never subscribed fulltime to MIS like I did SAM, FSM and SAMI, I might as well have done because MIS always seemed to have articles that interested me. I think that Spencer Pollard has done a great job captaining the good ship MIS over the last decade and more and hope that we will see him taking the helm elsewhere in the modelling media.
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Here's the rest of the story ....

In due course, I get a letter from MIS/Traplet telling me of the demise and allowing me to select another of their magazines to run out my subscription.
I look online and decide there is a Marine/Ship modeling magazine I might like and so notify them.

Time goes by without reply ....

Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear but a copy of Military Modelling from My Hobby Store with a note saying that all MIS subscriptions have been given over to them. While I do some military modeling, and am aware of this magazine, I already have one "pure" militray magazine and that is more than enough.

A. I lose the magazine I liked.
B. I don't get the replacement I wanted.
C. .....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
David J Ross
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by David J Ross »

I know it's been some time since anyone posted in this thread but I thought people might be interested in something connected to the story. After the demise of MIS, Traplet offered to transfer my subscription if I chose to another magazine they supplied. There was nothing that appealed to me so I arranged to get binders in lieu, case closed I thought. Not so, I started to get the Military Modelling Magazine from My Hobby Store with a letter telling me they had taken over my subscription. After the second magazine, I rang them and explained the situation. The lady I spoke to checked things out and admitted their error. She then went on to say that I would continue to get the magazine until May next year and at no charge as it was their mistake. A bit of good news from a supplier, then.
http://david-j-ross.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Publications”