Constant Scale

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Constant Scale

Post by jezbrook »

Constant Scale No.50 has been sent out to all paid-up members of the Airfix Collectors' Club.

It contains articles on: Airfix Releases 1976, Airfix and Marks & Spencers, Airfix Jigsaws, Kit & Book Reviews, Wellington Postscript, Facts from the Files and more.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Re: Constant Scale

Post by jezbrook »

Constant Scale 51 was printed on Friday and given to any members who attended the Yeovilton Model Show on Saturday.

It includes articles on: Airfix Releases 1977, H.P Halifax, Kit & Product Reviews, Airfix Model Trains, Eagles and an Artwork Update.

It will be sent out (Hurricanes permitting) on Monday to all paid-up members.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS52 went to the printers today and I hope will be sent out by the weekend. It contains articles on: 2014 Additions & Deletions (including some unseen CAD pictures), 1978's Releases, Kit Reviews, Short Stirling by Ian, M. Fleming, Archiving and WEB updates and more.

The new A.C.C. Website is now live, the old one had been 'inactive' for a couple of years. I am waiting for the designer to add a few more pages and buttons. I have added a couple of articles from Constant Scale and hope to add more as soon as everything is ready. It will not be interactive so should not clash with any of the forums but will mainly provide information taken from the Club's archives.

At the moment it doesn't seem to come up if one Googles "Airfix Collectors Club" so the best way is to type: "www.airfixcollectorsclub.co.uk/" into your address bar. The / seems to be important! I hope to get this sorted soon. I am a little inexperienced when it comes to Websites but I am sure I will quickly learn.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS52 was posted out to all paid-up members yesterday, so you should be getting them from Monday onwards. Eu issues have been sent in brown envelopes so they go at "letter" rate but my postmistress tells me the P.O. is now scanning all envelopes, so I may have to use the more expensive "printed paper" rate sooner than I had hoped.

I am very pleased with the reproduction, particlularly the picture pages and hope the members agree. I am still waiting for my web designer to add a few things to the website so hope you will bear with me. I can appreciate the problems the forums often have with the internet as things 'internety' seem to be outside of our control. At least with the printed word, if there's a b***** up it's down to me. Mind you that isn't helped by the main Airfix Model Club (whose much improved mag I received this morning) still calling itself the "Airfix Collector's Club" (note the apostrophe)!

jezbrook
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Well, there _might_ only be one Airfix Collector, though I expect the Club would be a pretty lonely place...

;-P

bestest,
M.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Yes but my club is s' which means that I've got at least two!
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

jezbrook wrote:Yes but my club is s' which means that I've got at least two!
Collectors? Or clubs? :ha:
Up in the Great White North
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

I have got my daughters to help me with the A.C.C. website and have now managed to post several more articles on it. Hopefully I shall be able to add more later and also the extra couple of buttons I need.

It is wonderful to have children to drag one into the computer age!

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

I've managed to get my daughters to put another couple of articles on the website (about Airfix kit catalogues) but I still haven't got the extra buttons I need. CS 53 is almost ready - at least I can cope with the old technology!

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

The new look CS53 has returned from the printers today (Friday) and been posted out to all A.C.C. members.
It contains articles on: The Artwork of Geoff Hunt, Toys & Games catalogues, H.M.S. Ajax, Making and Painting Kits in the 1950s, Kit & Games reviews and more.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS54 went to the printers yesterday.
It contains articles on: Airfix News & Releases 1979, Stuka Special, Recollections of a Toolmaker, Kit Reviews, The Artwork of Mike Trim and more.
More information can be found on the A.C.C. website.

jezbrook
TobyC
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TobyC »

Googling ACC came up with Aberdeen county council so I assume it's not that? ;-)
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Airfix Collectors' Club: "www.airfixcollectorsclub.co.uk/"
Currently I don't have any members in Aberdeen and the few Scottish members are not currently proposing to break away!
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS54 came back from the printers yesterday afternoon and has been posted out to all members. It should be hitting doormats from Tuesday in the U.K. and a little later in Europe and farther afield.

In addition to the stated contents, there is an interesting account by Mike Trim of the use of Airfix Kits by Gerry Anderson in the 1960s and early 1970s.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Roy Cross' new book "More Vintage Years of Airfix Box Art" should be available in the next fortnight.
I have reviewed it for Constant Scale 55 but have today put the review on "Stop Press" on the A.C.C. website: "www.airfixcollectorsclub.co.uk/". I should have the dustjacket on the A.C.C. stand at Telford on the Saturday.
If you're a Roy Cross fan you'll love the book.

jezbrook

Return to “Publications”