Constant Scale

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Re: Constant Scale

Post by jezbrook »

Constant Scale No. 55 was sent out today to all paid-up members of the Airfix Collectors' Club. It includes articles on:

1980 - News & Releases, 2007 - What might have been?, new Roy Cross Book Review,
The Artwork of Keith Woodcock, Book, Kit & Product Reviews and more!
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

I have put photos of Roy Cross at the book signing in the "Stop Press" section of the Airfix Collectors' Club website: "www.airfixcollectorsclub.co.uk/".
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS56 went to the printers on Friday and should be going out to club members next week.

It contains articles and pictures on: Airfix 2015 Additions and Deletions, Airfix 1981, New Squadron Releases 1979-81, The Mainline catalogue 1982, Kit Reviews from 1981 and 2015 and more.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

I picked up CS56 from the Printers today and all have been posted out to members.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS57 came back from the printers today and is being sent out. It contains articles on:the Development of Plastic models in the 1950s, an interview with Jonathan Mock (Airfix's decal man), a listing of all the kits made by Airfix up to 1981, more news from the archives and more.

Also my new book "60 Years of Airfix Kits" (It's actually 62 or 63 years depending on your view as to the release of the Golden Hind!) is currently at the final proofing stage and should be out at the beginning of July.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Constant Scale 58 has gone to the printers and should be ready later in the week.

It includes: Part 2 of the total number of kits made (1982-2015), a Postscript to the Development of Plastic Kits in the 1950s, Book Reviews and reviews of older kits and toys plus details of the latest 2016 releases.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS58 came back from the printers yesterday and was posted out to all members.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

I received my initial copy of "60 Years of Airfix Models" today. Simon Watson of the Aviation Bookshop has received his initial order.

He will be selling them at Yeovilton, this weekend and I will be signing them at Telford.

The rest of the books will arrive around the middle of November. It is current up to the end of August (B-17, etc).

Crowood will be selling them with a discount which pays for the postage.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

The actual publication date for "60 Years of Airfix Models" is 23rd November. However, signed copies (by Roy Cross and myself) will be on sale at Telford (the Aviation Bookshop having paid to have 100 copies airmailed to arrive in time for the show).

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

The rest of the copies of "60 Years of Airfix Models" have now arrived at Crowood's warehouse and back orders are now being fulfilled.

The Aviation Bookshop still have some signed copies available. Crowwod is offering them on its website - http://www.crowood.com; - with a 20% discount plus £2.50 P&P, which makes it £22.50 delivered.

jezbrook
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

It was great to chat to you at Telford and I'm enjoying the book immensely
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Hi James, I thoroughly enjoyed 'talking Airfix' at Telford. I met several of my Club members who I knew previously only by their addresses and I met several modellers from the various forums.

Don't know if I can write another book in time for next year's show, but I'll enjoy researching one!!

Happy reading, Jeremy.
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

CS59 went to the printers yesterday.

It contains articles on: Airfix 2016, WW2 Warship Camouflage, Modelling HMS Ajax, "Company Loyalty Bites Back" by Graham Westoll, Older Airfix Toys & Games reviewed, Historic Airfix Models reviewed, Hornby news, Book updates and more.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Constant Scale, delayed by staff sickness at the printers, was collected today and posted out to all members.

jezbrook
jezbrook
Getting well comfy!

Post by jezbrook »

Constant Scale 60 went to the printers today. It contains articles on: Stuka Special - Update, Building the first Airfix Stuka, From Woolies to Gamages, Reviews of older Airfix kits and games, Roy Cross RE8 'rough', Index CS57-60 and more. Delivery, hopefully later in the week.

Return to “Publications”