Yeovilton 20 February 2016

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Yeovilton 20 February 2016

Post by splash »

Its that time of year for the Yeovilton Museum show.

I will be there wandering around.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Yeovilton 20 February 2016

Post by TomW »

I'll be there too :-D hopefully with the CC SIG display, although I've still not received confirmation yet - despite returning the application forms as soon as they arrived on my doorstep.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

I hope to be there with Farnborough IPMS. As seems to be everybody's experience this year, the organisers at Yeovilton seem to be notifying clubs, traders etc quite late in the day. We are still waiting for our club passes (wristbands) to arrive - with only a week to go.
TomW

Post by TomW »

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this Eric, looks like the change of organising body hasn't quite clicked for the FAA museum yet. Fingers crossed that all our passes arrive in time.

Regards

Tom

**Edit** Passes and information arrived in the post today - The CC SIG will be at the show in the Concord Hall under the tail of the Sea Harrier :-D
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

Was informed that the passes arrived in the post yesterday, just after I'd posted - :).

Farnborough IPMS will be in the Concorde Hall near the Sea Harrier ski jump.
chrism

Post by chrism »

I have just tonight finished having a stash review ... and have 2 folding crates worth of candidates for rehoming at realistic prices. I will be putting them under the Southampton IPMS table, which is hopefully where we "usually" are - ie half way up on the left in infront of the stairs, in the hall which eventually leads to the start of the carrier experience...

Theres a pile of decals and etch still to try and sort tomorrow.

Are we having a forum meetup time and point? If no one suggests anything else, and not having heard back from Tom re the CC sig, I am going to suggest we say 11.30 outside the room where they host the competition? Any other bright ideas at this late stage welcomed...
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
TomW

Post by TomW »

chrism wrote:I have just tonight finished having a stash review ... and have 2 folding crates worth of candidates for rehoming at realistic prices. I will be putting them under the Southampton IPMS table, which is hopefully where we "usually" are - ie half way up on the left in infront of the stairs, in the hall which eventually leads to the start of the carrier experience...

Theres a pile of decals and etch still to try and sort tomorrow.

Are we having a forum meetup time and point? If no one suggests anything else, and not having heard back from Tom re the CC sig, I am going to suggest we say 11.30 outside the room where they host the competition? Any other bright ideas at this late stage welcomed...
Sounds a good idea Chris, though I will say in my defence that I did reply to your post in the CC shows forum and only got the confirmation from Yeovilton last weekend, Im sure I posted as such on this very thread too. Not to worry it'll be good to see everyone tomorrow.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

vacant

Post by vacant »

I will be there on the Aifix SIG stand beside Concorde just aft of its starboard exhausts. The theme for my part of the Airfix SIG tables is 'Fifty shades of Yellow' so have sunglasses at the ready if you wander that way.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Have a great day out everyone!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
chrism

Post by chrism »

No probs Tom. No offence intended. I had seen your first post in this thread last weekend, that you had heard nothing back as at the time neither had Eric, and had then seen the second Eric posted, - but as your later edit didn't cause the topic to reappear as a new post when I logged in, I never saw that bit, and I had seen your response in the CC Sig, from 24-Jan but hadn't seen anything further re a who is coming/wristbands etc etc.
TomW

Post by TomW »

chrism wrote:No probs Tom. No offence intended. I had seen your first post in this thread last weekend, that you had heard nothing back as at the time neither had Eric, and had then seen the second Eric posted, - but as your later edit didn't cause the topic to reappear as a new post when I logged in, I never saw that bit, and I had seen your response in the CC Sig, from 24-Jan but hadn't seen anything further re a who is coming/wristbands etc etc.
That's alright Chris, no offense taken :grin: It'll just be me behind the display this time round though everyone is welcome to stop by and store bags and purchases behind the tables. The car is all packed now, competition entry prepped and shopping list finalised. See you in the morning! :-D

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

gengriz
Active Participant

Post by gengriz »

About to pack up the car for the early start - Mrs T and I will be in our usual place beside the Martlet, so pop by and say hello.

FredT :)
50+ years of modelling: http://www.gengriz.co.uk
Recently retired after completing the biggest and most amazing construction kits in the whole world, EVER:
http://youtu.be/2syAt3jXq4s[/color]
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

It was great meeting you all today at Yeovilton.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Home, fed, watered, car unpacked, kit boxes out of car now in a pile on hall floor to deal with and put away tomorrow, two new books to look at and a couple kits to fondle in a few minutes.

Thanks to those I caught up with today and great to see you all again. See you soon.
gengriz
Active Participant

Post by gengriz »

Great to chat Splash.

I thought it was a very good day with some excellent models on display, although receiving a surprisingly unfriendly "ticking off" from one of the event organisers in the morning rather soured the day for us a little and made me wonder if I wanted (or would be allowed) a table next time - I understood the point she was making, but there are ways to speak to adults if you want a positive response and that was not one of them, indeed several of the traders we spoke with in hall 2 felt less than welcome, which I hope isn't the way the museum want to take things in future.

Still, it seemed busy, which has to be good for everyone and my colleague's Saturn V got a lot of attention.

Only the customary family photo of our own stand I'm afraid:

Plus a panoramic view from behind the table:

FredT :)
50+ years of modelling: http://www.gengriz.co.uk
Recently retired after completing the biggest and most amazing construction kits in the whole world, EVER:
http://youtu.be/2syAt3jXq4s[/color]

Return to “Model Shows and Events”