Feanors Mighty Works...

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
feanor
Active Participant

Feanors Mighty Works...

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

Just to let you know that I'm doing my second only solo display at IPMS Wombournes AVSC show, in Wombourne, Wolverhampton on Sunday. They're graciously shoe-horning me into their very last six-feet of table space for their prestigious 'Plastic Fantastic' event, which is always well attended.

Any of you who turn up are welcome to come say Hi and gawp at the Ghost ship and my other laughable modelling attempts. Im also gonna try to lick ONE extra 'Secret' model into shape, which is, as yet, in major pieces in a carrier bag in my upstairs wardrobe, to go with all of this years builds and some classic blasts-from-the past.

I'm really looking forward to this, so please do come if you can. It'll be great to see you.

Roll on Sunday. :-D
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Feanors Mighty Works...

Post by TomW »

Good Luck :grin:

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Stuck in work I'm afraid :sad: .

Hope it all went well Feanor :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup Daz and Tom...

Thanks. It DID go well. Pics when they're uploaded. (they're being uploaded as I type this). It was a good show as usual, and I got both a NEW and OLD Beaufighter. Guess what's being started tomorrow ? :-D Got some plans to evolve the display as time goes by now.
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

My eventual display.

My mate john bought his 'SS Zombie' bust, and boy, did it go down well !

My mate John. guess which one's his...

It's this if you didn't guess, LOL.

He's only just taken the hobby up and loves Resin casts...

My Haul from Wton...

And yes, they're both straight onto the bench tomorrow...

A Linky to the whole album. Enjoy.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/wolfi ... t=3&page=3;
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Thanks for sharing the show pics. Very nice.Interesting that a kit of the same aircraft, in the same scale, from the same manufacturer, gets a bigger box this time around.

Nigel
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup Nigel...

That thought struck me too.

I had a last dabble before I collapsed last night and tried to see how far I could get with a dry fit on the main Airframes. Seven pieces and I had almost a whole 'Old' Beau, and 8 (and a LOT of tammy tape LOL) before I got something sembling one from the new. This, before you all start is NOT a criticism, just an observation. I didnt fit the spars that Airfix have included to hold everything up, so its a bit like a boned chicken... But Airfix's plan is clear to see. It should get a LOT of mileage out of this new tooling, because the nose and tail are engineered as such for different variants. There is also an alternative rear gunner bubble (unless its moulded in the closed position, but I've never seen a picture of a Beau with one shut so can't comment.) included. Obviously there are poseable ailerons too, lovely wheel well details to uncover, and an 'office' as well. The new shape seems a little more refined too and no brick-thick main canopy. Plus the sprues bristle with all these parts and armaments too.

Pics so far...

I'll post residual sprue shots too when I've taken them.

Can I also say that I spent the day in the very pleasant company of TimJ who's a member of AVSC too. Sorry for that omission Tim.

P.S. Tim, (I found the old Beau at the last minute under a table by accident, but I'll still have yours as well still mate, thanks.)

Sprue shots to follow.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

As well as Beaufighter Madness, On saturday before I packed everything for the show, I got the Tammy Primer out to the Focus whilst it was sunny and warm. I got the bodyshell and chassis plate done, so after finishing some suspension parts I can advance. Once I've done Beau sprue shots, it'll be time for the Tammy white to fly around for a second or too. I shall obviously switch between Beaus and Focus as I go today...

Next stop, Bright white again :shock: :-D
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup CCR...

Here you go. With the extra features and poseable bits, (and different way of stiffening the wings), the sprues are very busy. Take a guess which is which... ;-)

these are with a few bits 'Missing' LOL.

Decals:

Needless to say with the Decals I'll bet you all know which way I'm going with the stripes LOL.

Here's a linky to the Album with these pics and individual sprue shots too. I hope they're useful. I think the box is so big mainly because of the spacing of the parts myself.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/wolfi ... t=3&page=1;
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Thanks for the comparison pics. I reckon I knew it was probably the parts count and extra detail which necessitated the larger box. Didn't realise there were that many though. I'll look out for one when they get down here.

Nigel
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I'm glad this went well for you Stu - that's a great display of varied subjects.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup Shaun.

Thanks. Displaying next to a guy with just Armour and Him flogging stuff made me feel my models looked very toylike for some reason, probably because of the bright colours of them compared to his dull Olive Drab stuff. However, theres nine boxes of models there, and I'm proud of each one. Thanks.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup...

'I 'Aten't Ded'...

Managed to get a day in on Sunday at Telford. Yo to Tom, Ian, Shaun and Al. Best thing was, got a contact for a supplier of the kits that I shall be Hauling Solo-ish around the show circuit come march. They'll be 'Classic Kits' in a very familiar Genre but with a Feanorian Twist. Being very colourful, and maybe more Glow in the dark, you never know. All of a sudden my Modelling future looks interesting and bright. Roll on 2016.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup...

I spent a nice few minutes hanging around the Airfix stand asking questions for my overseas FB Mates. The Album is Here:

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/wolfi ... t=3&page=1;

The last two pics are of all the Alclad and workstations I bought. Only one model did I buy, The Revell Trawler. Couldn't get me another Beau. never mind.

Return to “Model Shows and Events”