Yeovilton show 15th October

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
vacant
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Yeovilton show 15th October

Post by vacant »

Yes, it's this coming Saturday. I will be there at the Airfix SIG tables which are usually located just aft of Concorde. I will be bringing some surprise models, the surprise being that with only a few days to go, I have absolutely no idea what I will be bringing. Do drop by if you are attending.
Eric Mc

Re: Yeovilton show 15th October

Post by Eric Mc »

Just been announced by Yeovilton that the October show was the last. There will be no shows in 2017.

End of an era.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Here is the link to the information Eric refers too:

http://www.fleetairarm.com/event/72.aspx;
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

An outcome engineered by the management at Yeovilton and successfully brought to fruition at the last show. Make a show unattractive and then feign surprise when attendance drops.
gengriz
Active Participant

Post by gengriz »

This is so disappointing. The FAAM show has been a significant part of my modelling year since we moved to the South West 20 years ago and I will miss it. Only 2 years ago it was being hailed by the museum as " the best model show in the South West".

I suspect last February will be my last visit to the museum as well.

Thornbury & RAF Cosford it is then. As a lifelong FAA enthusiast and retired RN Officer it saddens me that the RAF Museum is now more welcoming to me than the Fleet Air Arm's own and I will not miss any opportunity to pass this message on to those to whom it may matter.

FredT :(
50+ years of modelling: http://www.gengriz.co.uk
Recently retired after completing the biggest and most amazing construction kits in the whole world, EVER:
http://youtu.be/2syAt3jXq4s[/color]
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Hugely disappointing as I was hoping to get a display table for the Cold war SIG. It does seem that there are some elements at the museum who are unsupportive of the model show which is a shame and extremely short sighted.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

The museum is on a downward spiral they have changed the rules on gift aid and now ask for an extra £2 on you entrance fee but offer nothing in return (so no more years free entrance)

I can't see how they can say that the small number of normal visitors that now have an extra two days to visit the museum offsets the huge numbers they had attending all the previous shows.

It's a shame I will really miss the shows as they where right on my door step.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “Model Shows and Events”