Flying Heritage "Battle of Britain" Fly Day - 20th August

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Flying Heritage "Battle of Britain" Fly Day - 20th Augus

Post by PaulBradley »

Brews wrote:Well, I had such a good time. Will upload pics when I get home tomorrow night.

The 109E had been having cooling issues but took off and did a circuit at least. It was very gratifying to see the Mk V and IX in close formation, low and fast. As an added. bonus, $5 got me a walk-through of the Confederate Air Force's B-17G. It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I could have also done the same thing with a B-25 but I was concerned that I might not be the right calibre, so I satisfied myself with exterior and peekaboo pics. I got lots of pics of the Fw 190A-5 and took a couple more of the D-13. A fella can't have too many reference pics. Also shot some new pics
of the Fi 103, the Reichenberg, Fi 156 amd Me 163B amongst other things. Along rhe way, we happened across Foxy Lady Latte at Burlington. What a great little franchise! Great coffee, with the benefit of a price advantage over its competitors, and staffed by well-developed skimpy bikini-clad beauties. And the day was a gorgeous cloudless warm one! Excellent all-round.
We want pics!

And of the aircraft, too........ :lol:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"

Return to “Model Shows and Events”