A. Fokker exhibition The Netherlands

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
bassman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

A. Fokker exhibition The Netherlands

Post by bassman »

At the moment there is a small exhibition in our city of Haarlem, The Netherlands. It is 100 years ago that Anthony Fokker flew over the city, a novelty in 1911. He made a famous turn around the Grote Kerk (church) in the centre of the city. At that time Fokker lived in Haarlem. The aircraft Fokker used in 1911 was built by himself and was called the Spin (= Spider). A flying replica built in 1936 by employees of Fokker (to remember that the flight took place 25 years before) is on display in the church as are some scratch built Fokker models. The replica Spin has some original parts in it (parts still available in 1936) and is really fragile. So this replica is a piece of history in itself. There is a second Spin in The Netherlands.

The scale of the models on display is huge. The Fokker 50 is a real flying radio controlled model. My favourite is (of course) the Fokker G1 model.
Today we visited the exhibition and I took some pictures. The exhibition runs until the second week of September.
Henk

bassman
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: A. Fokker exhibition The Netherlands

Post by bassman »

No DXXI models. There is however a 1:1 model/mock up of the DXXI in the Dutch Airforce Museum. This DXXI is as close to a real one as you can get. Someone told me that it was originally intended for real flying but the project failed on that aspect.

http://www.militaireluchtvaartmuseum.nl ... mcollectie;

Scroll the pictures of the collection and you will find the DXXI.

Henk

Return to “Model Shows and Events”