scale Modelworld 2017

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
Gregers
Forum founder

scale Modelworld 2017

Post by Gregers »

Now I am back from SMW I just wanted to say it was another great event well suported by folks from this forum. It was good to meet up with those I have already met and slso to meet up with others I had not met face to face. I did not see much of the show ss I only spent half of Sunday there but what I did see was great. Highlights for me were of course meeting friends and talking models. Seeing the superb work on display. Looking over Teell's DH2 and ChrisM's Wasa. All in all a great show.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: scale Modelworld 2017

Post by IronMan129 »

It was nice to see you again Gregg as well as Daz, Shane, Craig, Shaun and others even though I got caught up in all the displays, sale kits and food(my god the pulled pork and stuffing rolls were amazing!)
I really wasn't being rude.
Between me and Sal we got a ton of awesome stuff, never seems to disappoint.

Did anyone catch what went on in hall 3 in the last half of Sunday?
We saw loads of commotion with a lady shouting "don't work for them they are thieves!!!)

Been going to SMW for a few years now and never seen anything then in one day we saw 2 "emergencies".
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

Maverick231 wrote: Did anyone catch what went on in hall 3 in the last half of Sunday?
We saw loads of commotion with a lady shouting "don't work for them they are thieves!!!)

Been going to SMW for a few years now and never seen anything then in one day we saw 2 "emergencies".
Was within a few yards of this commotion. Apparently the lady was incensed that her husband hadn't allegedly been paid for work he had done. Whatever the validity of her allegations, the manner she went about complaining was completely out of order.
vacant

Post by vacant »

Sorry I missed everyone - but I was there. Perhaps we should all wear big labels on the backs of our anoraks for ease of identification.

I was on the Airfix SIG table when 'the commotion' began. It was all a bit of an affair. I heard the bit about people being thieves but the rest was incoherent. She ended up sitting on the floor. No idea what happened after that.

I was also in another hall when a man appeared to have a fit of some kind. He was flailing about on the floor dangerously close to tables of models. I do hope he was ok.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

You did see me vacant, albeit briefly. It's always great to see everybody again. Just wish we could do it more often.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

vacant wrote:Sorry I missed everyone - but I was there. Perhaps we should all wear big labels on the backs of our anoraks for ease of identification.
Maybe we need a UAMF Sweatshirt, I was there on the Sunday and didn't see anyone either.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

lancfan wrote:
vacant wrote:Sorry I missed everyone - but I was there. Perhaps we should all wear big labels on the backs of our anoraks for ease of identification.
Maybe we need a UAMF Sweatshirt, I was there on the Sunday and didn't see anyone either.

David.
There were three tables guaranteed to have a UAMFer behind them - unless they all deserted and left their spouses holding the fort, for shame.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

We did have some UAMF/CBK badges at one time. maybe it is time to sort some out again? maybe put the artwork up for members to copy, add their own name then print off?.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

The badges were made on MattB kid's badge maker IIRC and he ran out of blanks. I'd do have one myself plus a home made Avatar badge ( cardboard with a safety pin stuck to the back.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I remember those but I am thinking of the rectangular ones. I will see if I can find mine.

All the best

Greg
Albert Einstein
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I just received my IPMS Magazine Issue 6 and see the Cold War SIG got a photo-op at SMW -- well done !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

How about simply picking a coloured baseball cap ? these would be visible in the crowds and would allow us to home in on other members from a distance, they can be bought online in a wide variety of colours so picking an identifiable chosen colour would not be a problem.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.

Return to “Model Shows and Events”